“One of our Favorite Places in Athens!”
Review of Cine BarCafe

Cine BarCafe
Ranked #4 of 9 Fun & Games in Athens
Reviewed May 6, 2014

My husband and I go to Cine fairly frequently. We love movies and you can count on Cine to show the most unique, thought provoking and interesting movies in town. As for the "bar," it is a nice addition to an evening movie experience to order something and carry it in to the theater to sip on as the movie plays. We've ordered everything from beer to bourbon and these drinks are reasonably priced and generous.

1  Thank Georgia B

Reviewed April 15, 2014

It is a fun place to see a movie, have a drink, and/or snack. This is the only artsy theater in town, but it also gets mainstream films. It is a great place to see a film because the rooms are smaller and more intimate, the snacks are reasonably priced, and there is a bar.

Reviewed February 13, 2014

You can actually, take off your shoes, walk around a bit, sit and watch the film, and they will actually BRING you drinks ! Such a lovely staff. Lots of perks when they get to know.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

I like the idea of CIne, which is to say that Athens absolutely needs an art house that shows independent and foreign films. Cine presumably is such a place but, in my experience, it falls short. The main problem is that the films shown at CIne are often also films that the three megaplex theaters in town also show. So why spend an additonal dollar or two to see the same film at Cine that you can see at Beechwood? My main gripe with Cine is that the ticket booth is often empty, which means that patrons walk into the theater and proceed to the the popcorn stand/bar and stand in line behind the many who want to buy a margarita with salt and, of course, some juju candies to complement the tequila. Left waiting are the simpleton patrons such as me who want only a lousy ticket so that I might go into the theater and watch the film. Adding to the problem is the fact that the kids who mix the margaritas and dole out the tickets are too cool for people such as myself. Not buying a drink, or not dressed in the hipster style that the Cine seems to like, is to be greeted with a smirk by the kid behind the booth. The place is just too cool for me, even given the fact that I love movies, love talking about movies, and have even written a paper or two about films. But Cine is just a place that makes me cringe walking into it.
I want Snow Tires back.
Jim

2  Thank Jim D
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Not many of these places around. The movie I saw was indie but very accessible. Great beer selection! Wish I were closer to this place: I'd go regularly!