“Nice place, a shame about the car exhaust”
Review of Trappeze

Trappeze
Ranked #10 of 421 Restaurants in Athens
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: 706 543-8997
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Great beer selection and nice food. In the middle of of meal we were overcome by a thick cloud of noxious car exhaust. People at the neighboring table who just arrived nearly left. A server explained that there was a garage underneath and the fumes sometimes came up through the floor, but it would clear shortly. Hmmmmm. Health and safety? A blot on an otherwise pleasant stp.

Mitchell J, Manager at Trappeze, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2014

So sorry to hear about this experience. That situation has been resolved. I hope you will come back in sometime soon! Please let me know when you do and we will try to make your visit extra special. (Also, sorry to take so long to get back with you. We just gained access to this account)

Reviewed February 20, 2014

I had the pub burger and fries. They were great but the best surprise was the blue cheese dip for the fries. It was so good, I wanted a tub to spread on everything. The staff was helpful and friendly and the availability of Cheerwine was awesome. I even got a to-go cup.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

I went here a few times with coworkers and found that the clientele (and some of the staff) here feel like drinking $10 beers makes one look cool or impressive. All I can say is, after work on a Friday, I was not really interested in discussing the virtues of Sam Adams over Terrapin, and the fact that I wasn't seemed to make me the odd man out amongst the regulars.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

Lots of people recommended this place so we had to stop by. It had a really good drink selection, especially beers. The food was expensive, so we ordered a cheese platter, which was too much money for practically two bites of cheese. The staff was not the most friendly, but the bartender did answer a lot of our questions about the beers. It was a relaxing bar, which was a nice change.

Reviewed January 16, 2014

Trapeze is not my most favorite restaurant in Athens but I am always happy when I leave. The food is great, drinks good and the service and atmosphere are wonderful. It's the place to go anytime of the day, any day of the week and for any occasion.

Been to Trappeze? Share your experiences!