“Huge drink selection and great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Trappeze

Trappeze
Ranked #7 of 413 Restaurants in Athens
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: 706 543-8997
Athens, Georgia
“Huge drink selection and great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

Trappeze/Highwire is in my opinion the best place to get drinks in Athens. With a huge selection of beers/wines/cocktails this place has the most extensive drinks menu in town as far as I know. The bartenders can make pretty much any drink you want no matter how unusual or uncommon it may be. They also have a nice selection of scotch and whiskeys be sure to ask for the menu if you're interested in these as you won't be given it when you walk in. You can order food from Highwire which is always very good. The menu is a little small but all excellently made. The menu consists mainly of interesting takes on standard pub sandwiches. The appetizers are worth looking into as the soups and sliders are very tasty. This is the perfect place to sit down and have some drinks or light food in a quieter setting than a traditional bar.

• Visited July 2012

Philly
“Cozy jazz and sooo many beers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

Just stopped in here tonight. We knew nothing about this place and what a great surprise. Sooooo many beers to choose from - our waiter was very knowledgable and passionate about the beer. We had 6 half glasses. The half glass option was so great. It allowed us several tastings. I am not much of a beer person but I was equally happy with the varied and affordable wine choices. The menu is small but don't let that deter you. We tried the wings - good with a buffalo sage sauce, the blue cheese snd celery we my favorite part. Also tried the asian pork tacos - very good. The double pig sandwich was the tables favorite entree but we also had the trout, truffle shrimp pasta and sliders that were all good. What I wasn't expecting here was the live jazz! Lovely trio - bass, piano and tenor sax - wished I could have stayed longer.

Atlanta, Georgia
“Food is excellant - service ok”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

Booths are kinda tight, guess they are used to all those skinny college kids. We moved to a booth that was more comfortable.
We were waiting on another member of our party. When we were all there, our server was no where around. Finally we placed our order. Our food seemed to come out in a timely manner but our waters were empty for a bit. When he did fill up our water, instead of picking up the glass and pouring water away from table, he just poured water into glass as it was sitting on table, next to my plate. He missed and water went everywhere.
The beef slider with rosemary and garlic fries were just the right size for a small lunch. Add a $2 half pour and the meal is complete. Friend got turkey sandwich and it was put together well and looked good.
Would return again if didn't have a time limit on meal. Great atmosphere and lots of windows for street viewing.

Visited August 2012
Seattle, Washington
“Good beer and a freindly atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

The best thing about the trappeze is the selection of quality beers. The food was good and the staff was friendly.

Visited May 2012
Athens, Georgia
“Terrible service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2012

I brought my out of town friends to Trapeze for a dinner. I come to Trapeze often for their beer and atmosphere despite a bit unpolished service quite frequently. I normally try to look past that, but this time was one too many. Our server was Monica, a tall dark haired young woman. My beer took a long time to be brought out and when it finally arrived it was half pour not a pint, as my friend pointed out to me. I didn't think much of it, thought the waitress probably messed up the order; but when I got the bill, I was charged for a whole pint. When I politely pointed out to our waitress that I only had 1/2 pint (and we knew that because the glass had a mark for 1/2pint) she made me feel like I was full of crap (by that time the glass was collected by someone else). She went to the manager (that's my guess) across the room where they both talked and starred at me across the room. Needless to say, it was humiliating, and on top of that my friends had to confirm that they all saw my glass being 1/2 pint. When the waitress came back, she did subtract $2 out of my bill, and gave me along speech of how I should have let her know immediately, and not to wait until the end, and don't do it again next time when I come back. This is where I have to say thanks but no thanks, my friends and I were shocked by such rude service, I will never come back again, and I encourage everyone to check their glasses and bills very thoroughly because obviously Trappeze can't get their stuff together. Overall, menu has changed slightly and has gotten worse. Don't order hummus or fish, the first one doesn't taste like it has any chickpeas, and they fish batter is made of low grade cornmeal, not even a beer batter. My suggestion:take your money and go somewhere else, that's what I am going to do from now on.

• Visited July 2012

Been to Trappeze? Share your experiences!