“Great Rita and Fish taco”

Ranked #204 of 415 Restaurants in Athens
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

Ive eaten here many times. The Margaritas keep me coming back and a coupon, but I had never found a yummy dish. La Parilla (another Mexican restaurant in the area) has amazing shrimp Mexican tacos, so I am always comparing everywhere to them. I finally found a yummy dish here! The Mexican fish tacos are great, not low fat, but yummy! And you can buy then a la carte for 2.50 each, a great value!

There are newer reviews for Dos Palmas Mexican Grill

Reviewed April 13, 2013

I ordered take out from Dos Palmas and was pleased. I had an enchilada dish, which was typical fare for a Mexican restaurant. The portions are a little smaller than the typical Mexican place, but not bad.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

Dos Palmas is our "go to" choice when in the mood for Mexican food. Great chips with two types of salsa. Good variety of menu items, reasonably priced... Great Margaritas !

Reviewed February 6, 2013

Ordered take-out today of Churros and an enchilada. Delivery was prompt but the churros were literally burnt. I could not bite them. I'm appalled.

Reviewed May 16, 2012

I have been wanting to go to a Mexican restaurant for a while now, always getting thwarted in that for some reason. But I'm glad I finally made it to Dos Palmas! Our dining experience was positive from start to finish. What really helped was the attentive service of Jessie, our waitress. She was cheerful, friendly, and was at the table just enough, not too much, not too little.

We started with their guacamole and chips. The chips were hot and delicious, and the guacamole different from any I've had. They add jalepenos, and it is a nice addition, I must admit. They also carry O'Douls, so I could pair an ice-cold non-alcoholic beverage with the dip and chips!

I lespecially loved the Tacos al Carbon, at a very reasonable $ 8.99. Char-grilled skirt steak with onions and cilantro, it pairs well with sour cream, guacamole, and ask for some salsa verde to complete this scrumptious dish. Delicioso!

Others at the table liked the sopapillas for dessert, but I was just too full of all the other good food that was served. Thanks, Dos Palmas, for making this trip even more memorable with your excellent offerings!