Review Highlights
Interesting

I'd give it a 4 star if it wasn't such a drive to get there. A path has been created to make for... read more

Reviewed March 2, 2019
FionaSue
Athens, Ga.
A landmark in countryside

I have heard of the “Iron Horse” for many years now so I decided to drive a long way to see it... read more

Reviewed February 14, 2019
jds754
Monroe, Georgia

All reviews neat history off campus corn greensboro statue field sculptures students climb farms georgia
Reviewed July 12, 2018

A horse sculpture in the middle of a field. That's about all there is to it. You can walk up to it and you can take photos, so that's kinda cool.

Date of experience: June 2018
1  Thank BethMorrison6
Reviewed June 18, 2018

This sculpture was apparently on UGA's campus at first, but moved here to a field, pretty much in the middle of nowhere. You drive out to the sculpture, look at it, climb on it if you like, contemplate the meaning of life, and go home.

Date of experience: April 2018
1  Thank myszka0611
Reviewed May 14, 2018

At the last minute, I decided to go view the sunset at Iron Horse. The map feature on my iPhone took me right to it...I just failed to look left. I was focused on the sign that said "Iron Horse." After a short walk to the sculpture, I enjoyed a peaceful sunset and relaxing sense of calm.

Date of experience: May 2018
Reviewed March 4, 2018

There sits this huge Iron horse sculpture that sits in a beautiful field....
Plenty of parking and you can walk right up and touch....sit on it for pictures.
fun family time

Date of experience: March 2018
Reviewed February 16, 2018

Literally. An odd thing to come across but my grand-daughters enjoyed the experience. It is fascinating.

Date of experience: November 2017