“Unique art in Athens”
Review of Iron Horse

Reviewed September 17, 2012

I'm a horse lover, so of course I love this sculpture. It's standing in the middle of field. I love that it uses recycled materials to make something beautiful. It is HUGE!

Reviewed June 19, 2012

I love the story behind it. You must read that , then see the horse. Have to view from the highway.......unless you know Jack Curtis!!!

1  Thank calico63
Reviewed May 30, 2012

If your headed to Lake Oconee from Athens look for the horse. And if you have a chance read about how it got there....

Reviewed April 27, 2012

It's a wonderful statue and a reminder that some of our 'elite' Georgia grown students are not what they are cracked up to be. Fraternity Boys from rich homes [ the 1% ] shouldn't be able to run this art out of town.

Reviewed March 1, 2012

As a Georgia native, I love treating visitors to this roadside oddity, located in a wonderfully obscure location in Greene County. I first saw "the iron horse" as a teenager in 1973, when my older sisters were students at UGA in Athens and we took a road trip to visit it. I now live in Atlanta, but I've made two trips back (in 1991 and again last month) to see the sculpture again and make sure it's being maintained (yes, it is, much to my relief). Note that the sculpture IS on private property, so be considerate in your efforts to view and photograph it. If anyone knows the name and phone number of the property owner, please post it here to facilitate cordial requests to see the sculpture at close range.

2  Thank kittravels

Been to Iron Horse? Share your experiences!