“One of the best restaurants in Athens”

Dolce Vita Trattoria Italiana
Ranked #60 of 413 Restaurants in Athens
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Atlanta, Georgia
“One of the best restaurants in Athens”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

In a city rich in dining options, La Dolce Vita is one of my favorite. I like the small setting of the restaurant as well as the ever changing menu. Everytime I dine here, I thoroughly enjoy my meal.

The last time I went my firend and I shared the Piatta di Salumi. I had the Strozzapretti alla Buttera as an entree and we shared gelato. The wine list is not incredibly extensive, but I enjoyed the wine I drank.

Although not on the menu this time, one of my other favorite appetizers here is the caprese made with roasted beets...AMAZING!!

Amherst, New York, United States
“Great Italian Restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

The restaurant has lots of homemade pasta. We had lasagna and it was excellent. Enough for two meals. Disappointed that a salad did not come with the meal. They did make a great peach billini.

Visited July 2013
Athens, Georgia
“So good!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

We LOVE La Dolce Vita. This past Saturday we went and experienced the new chef. The meat and cheese plate is the perfect starter for any meal. There were 3 of us at our table and all of the entrees were outstanding. The best was the special- Taste of the Forest or something like that. It's a creation by the new chef and I must say it was outstanding. Only one of us ordered it, but the other two wished we had. Impeccable food as always. The only knock against this restaurant is that they are closed for lunch. They used to be one of my favorite places to eat lunch and I am still bitter that they took it away and focused on their sister restaurant Etienne, which I find to be lackluster at best.

1 Thank hwooda
outside Atlanta, GA
“Almost awesome food, great and attentive service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

We went this weekend with our daughter after reading about this restaurant on Trip Advisor.

It's a lovely dining room tucked away upstairs on the main street in Athens. As UGA is not in full swing yet we had a table with no issues (though I am sure during school it's super busy).

Our server was Sarah and she was very nice. We ordered an appetizer, bruschetta, and as another reviewer commented, it was scorched and burned. I had the papardelle with pesto (as I didn't want the heavier lamb sauce), my daughter had papardelle alfredo, and my husband had Strozzapretti alla Buttera which is a pasta with italian sausage and mushrooms.

I found all the food to be underseasoned - needed salt badly (and we don't generally salt our food) but there was not a salt shaker to be found. The papardelle was a little thick and the alfredo sauce on my daughter's was very heavy and not completely silky.

We did find out this was the new chef's first week, so we'll give them one more try - but this dinner was nearly $100 and if it's not dialed in next time, we won't be back.

“Food is just ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

We really want to love the food, because the location, atmosphere and service are fantastic! But the food is just ok. We've dined here 4 times in the past year. The bread on the bruschetta was burned tasting. The pasta is not homemade. The lamb sauce could have been pork as it was in such a strong red wine sauce it was over powered. The sausage ragout was not flavorful. Gelato was good but over priced at $7. Cannoli tasted like sunscreen. Appetizer, glass wine, two beers, two entrees and two desserts was $96 with tip.