“Was not impressed”

Athens, Georgia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Was not impressed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

My wife and I visited La Dolce Vita on a date night a couple of months ago. We were not impressed by the food at all. My wife's chicken was average. My ravioli was chewy and I could not finish the entree. I think there are many better restaurants in Athens for the price.

• Visited April 2013

Sharpsburg GA
“Italian food doesn't get better”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

We thought we were in Italy at the first bite. Homemade mozzarella, white sardines, capers and a balsamic reduction was our first course. We shared it and had enough to share with a friend. It was divine. I had pasta; my husband had lasagna.
Frankly, I wanted to lick my plate when I finished. My pasta serving was large and I still wanted more. A case of my taste buds being bigger than my stomach, for sure. My husband liked the lasagna but thought the sauce was too sweet for his taste. He loved my pasta! The Caesar salad was good but nothing to excite. I'd order two starters rather than the salad. The gelato is homemade. It was good, but my friends lemon sorbet, also homemade, was better. The tiramisu was the best I've ever had. Unfortunately, I husband ordered it and was loathe to give me more than a few bites. I don't blame him! The service was excellent. The employees friendly. The noise level is pretty high. That got troublesome for conversation. And I was disappointed that they did not have more Italian wines. But I would go back over and over again.

• Visited May 2013
Athens, Georgia
“Excellent, Authentic Italian!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

Can't say enough! I would eat there everyday if I could! The Italian guys that own it make food like I haven't had since I stayed in Italy! Excellent service, nice atmosphere, and the food! Oh the food!!

Visited December 2012
Fishkill, New York
“Good food, Great service in downtown Athens”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

Went there with family that included 2 young children. They tried to be family friendly but the place is more for grownups for sure. The food was very good and the wait staff was responsive and pleasant. Most recommended.

• Visited April 2013
Asheville, North Carolina
“Best Meal in Athens”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

Great meal, fine service! We found this to be our best meal in Athens. My husband loved the pesto gnocchi. I had the special, pappardelle with duck ragu - fabulous!

Visited April 2013