All reviewscoffee shopmusic venuehoyt housecool placeloved the decorboutique hotelroom decorwedding weekendshuttle servicecollege visita great place to stayroom keybeds were very comfortabledowntown areain towndefinitely stay here againclassic center
Reviewed August 21, 2017

Staying at The Graduate Athens for business. The location is very convenient, as it is a short walk to downtown restaurants and shops, or a very short drive by complimentary shuttle. While the location is close to downtown, the property is usually quiet. Also, front staff were very helpful and nice (especially Jacob and Sharron).

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled on business
10  Thank RowenToni
GraduateGM, General Manager at Graduate Athens, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2017

Dear RowenToni,

Thank you for the comment about your recent stay. We are thrilled that you found our location and shuttle so convenient, allowing you to enjoy a bit of downtown Athens. It’s nice to hear that our team members were friendly and helpful as well, we all look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed August 17, 2017

The pictures online look nice. The lobby is real nice, and has a coffee bar where they will make you real nice coffees, lattes and other similar items. The reviews on TripAdvisor also make this place sound nice, but my experience was very different. We stayed here in July for a trip to UGA - it isn't the most conveniently located to the campus. I thought that it was in walking distance, and it really isn't. The campus is huge, and it is several blocks away, so it isn't convenient. They do offer a shuttle service that we did not use, so I cannot comment on that.
The rooms. I found the room nicely decorated. Maybe my expectations of Georgia in July were wrong, but everything in the room was always wet. We had some paperwork that we received from the university one day, and the next morning, it was soggy and disgusting along with everything else in the room.
Cleaning of the room was suspect at best. One day, there was a dead bug right inside the door as we were leaving. Yes, it was still there when we got back after the room was "refreshed." The decorative pillows on the bed were just thrown on the floor the one day, and there was convincing evidence that the bathroom wasn't cleaned regularly, and even when it was, it was done poorly. I had to go to the lobby to request the soap and shampoo to be refilled - that seems like something that I shouldn't have to do.
There was mold and mildew around the sink. A trip to the local pharmacy was required which helped us out with disinfecting spray and wipes. We also needed to purchase air fresheners because of the lingering funky smell in the room. We also purchased some of the vitamins generally used for airplane trips because we were suspect of the air quality in general.
How this place is ranked so high is beyond me. I would never stay here again. Even the "warm greeting" I received while checking out tells me that I'm not the only one. Very few times that I can remember upon checkout that the desk clerk does not ask how my stay was. I am sure she didn't ask because they don't really want to know.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
GraduateGM, General Manager at Graduate Athens, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2017

Dear 5MouseFans,

We are saddened to hear about your negative visit, but we are thankful for the valuable feedback. While we are glad you enjoyed the lobby and Iron Works Coffee, this does not make up for the rest of your lackluster stay and for that we apologize. You are right to expect a high standard of upkeep and cleanliness and we take your complaints seriously, immediately getting to work with our staff to remedy the situation. We hope we have the pleasure of hosting you again so we can improve upon this visit and show you we are worthy of a high ranking.

Reviewed August 15, 2017

Extremely cute and convenient to my daughter and UGA, decorated so cute. Fun place to stay, just needs to address some musty smells in the rooms. Other than that, completely love it there and will continue to stay there!

12  Thank Lisa A
GraduateGM, General Manager at Graduate Athens, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2017

Dear Lisa,

We appreciate the 5-star review and thank you for being a guest at Graduate Athens. It’s always a joy to hear that UGA families can visit their students so conveniently while staying with us and we are glad you were no exception. We also love that you enjoyed our fun, retro decor. However, we do apologize for the unpleasant smell in your room, we hear your complaint and will work to solve this issue for the next time you stay with us.

Reviewed August 14, 2017

In Athens to tour UGA with son and husband. Found hotel on hotwire. Loved the quirkiness of the guestrooms. Beds and linens were comfortable. Fun time exploring the guestrooms whimisical touches. Best do not disturb sign ever.

1  Thank hudsonvalleyfam

Dear hudsonvalleyfam,

Thank you for the kind comments. How great that you found our rooms to be so fun, we love to hear them described as “whimsical,” and we agree, they sure are quirky. It’s even better that you were comfortable during your stay and that our location was convenient for your trip. Should you find yourself in the area again we hope you choose to stay with Graduate Athens.

Reviewed August 13, 2017

Fabulous little spot to stay when visiting Athens. I was dropping son off at school. Super quick walk to downtown and campus! Great restaurant bar and coffee house and the room was adorable and comfortable! I will return!

11  Thank kristin k
GraduateGM, General Manager at Graduate Athens, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2017

Dear kristin,

Thank you for the kind review. We are so glad to hear that you found us to be a “fabulous” spot in Athens, and are happy to hear that you plan on returning to be our guest again. We’re happy that our convenient location made your drop off easy and allowed you to easily visit downtown Athens. We are already looking forward to your next stay.