“Hidden Treasure”

The Royal Peasant
Ranked #19 of 422 Restaurants in Athens
Cuisines: Indian, Irish, Scottish
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Its an AMAZING little place here in town that really shoud be on the list... LOVe the food, staff, and a great little beer selection. ITS A MUST ADD!!!! =) Thank you.
Reviewed August 2, 2014

Local pub.....that's what the Royal Peasant is. A wonderful spot to grab a quick meal or sit back and enjoy a Strongbow and watch the game--whatever may be playing! The menu is really wonderful, can't go wrong with anything. English blue crisps are great, Bangers and Mash and the Fish and Chips are my favorite though. Great atmosphere, cool for the teenagers to hang with us too and they can wander to some nearby shopping.

Reviewed July 10, 2014

The food here is excellent. I had the fish and chips, and it was delicious. Great beer selection, too. Prices are very reasonable, and you should definitely eat here if you are in Athens.

Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

I love this restaurant. Whenever I visit athens I have to swing in for lunch, both for the awesome import beers on draught as well as the tasty food. I always take newcomers there and they love it. They have fish and chips, chicken curry, bangers and mash, and delicious lamb and/or beef burgers. I highly recommend this restaurant for great beers and great food. The service has always been impeccable, both at the bar and outside.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

Don't get me wrong, I love this place, too, but my husband LOVES this place. He would go twice a week if we could. The fish and chips are wonderful, the bangers and mash is full of flavor, and I love the burger... the blue cheese chips are a great starter, and lately, we've been getting the pork belly samosas, which are also delicious. This is a cute pub... service is always friendly... the only downside is it's tiny, so it fills up and can be hard to get a table. We haven't been for "The World Cup experience" yet this go around, but it is sure to be fun times.

Reviewed June 14, 2014

we were a group of 5, very diverse, that wanted to watch the world cup inauguration. we had called and were told that they were going to show it. we got there and had to beg to get the channel changed which was showing golf. Then, they wouldn't put the volume up because the only channel showing the ceremony was not an english speaking channel. the waitress was rude, she literally threw our menus on the table and was very antagonistic. The food was good and the atmosphere got better thanks to the rest of the people that went to watch the game. my recommendation: go somewhere else first and leave the Royal Snobs as your last resort.

1  Thank Alejandra M