Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Athens
Holiday Inn Athens-University Area(Athens)(Great Value!)
$91
Hampton Inn Athens(Athens)(Great Value!)
$119
  • Restaurant
Graduate Athens(Athens)(Great Value!)
$139
Hotels.com
All reviewsroom was cleanenjoyed my staycomfortable staybagelsexcellent stayuniversity
Reviewed January 18, 2011

I visited Athens, GA. The place was nice, and the motel staff was great.
Everything was great including price, clean room, breakfast, comfortableness.

• Stayed: January 2011
Reviewed January 18, 2011

This hotel was excellent! Enjoyed the stay and the staff was very helpful and nice, the continental breakfast was good and fresh. Overall, good experience. will stay again...

Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 8, 2011

The front staff was kind. The rooms did not smell. Other than that the rooms were in bad shape and reminded me of some of the seedy joints you see in movies.

• Stayed: January 2011
Reviewed December 23, 2010

front desk was great, check in very easy, cont breakfast was nice and they allowed me to take a full tray back to my room as my husband is ill... we had no trouble whatsoever with the managment. The room drawer was broken and it fell on my fingers when i opened it - slight bruise they came to fix it and couldnt and were going to fix it when we were gone to the GA GA tec game. it didnt get fixed... the beds super comfortable. the room was clean not a 5 star but didnt expect one for the price.Lastly there are signs all over the bathroom that say floor is lower then shower - well they arent in the shower where they should be so when you open the curtain to get out the sign is blocked I heard my husband fall and ran in in fear that he was broken or worse his port line was damaged. He is a cancer patient and has severe osteo perosis as well. he wasnt broken but he has a main line to his heart and it was pulled and bled. I did notify the front desk in case his injuries were more then what we thought. We waited and he was fine... i did suggest they move the sign inside of the shower or put grips on the tub floor. Either way they were very attentive and asked how he was every chance they had... so we felt in good hands... we will stay again.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank wasntme
Reviewed November 10, 2010

We had to travel to Athens for a friend's funeralon very short notice and felt lucky to get a room on a home game weekend. We were placed in room 122. Although we asked for a non-smoking room we were given a smoking room - I doubt it would have made a difference since the smoking rooms and non-smoking rooms are next to each other on the floors and people do smoke in the hallways. We had my 10 month old with us and I was afraid to let her crawl on the floor. When she did get down one time, her sleeper knees were covered in dirt almost immediately. The furniture was carved up, handles were broken on the wardrobe, the curtains were off the rod and the light fixture over the beds only worked on one side of the room. The door was not securely hung - we could see light from the corridor coming in on three sides and the wooden floor plate at the door jamb was not screwed down securely. Cigarette smoke from the hallway poured in the room all night. We put furniture against the door hoping to detract anyone who could easily break in. However, the bathroom, fridge and microwave were very clean and there was plenty of hot water. Staff were pleasant enough and the waffles at breakfast were tasty. No coffee at 8:30am both days though.

We've stayed in other Microtels across the country and have been very pleased. This was easily the most shabby and ill-kept one we have ever stayed in.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family