Stayed here for approximately a week, and enjoyed my stay. The room was clean and spacious. The one thing I didn't much like was there was no elevator. The parking lot was also a bit aggravating to get in and park. I drive a full size four door truck and need more room than a car. Overall it was ok. The rates was reasonable and it was a good location for me.
I recently stayed at Microtel Inn, Athens for 4 nights. First of all, Management and the front-desk people were very friendly. They made every effort to make my stay pleasant. My room had a beautiful view of Autumn leaves changing.
Climate control in the room was good.
The free Breakfast was fine (juice and Good coffee, yoplait yogurt, bagels and cream cheese, Danishes, muffins and waffles with syrup. The TV works just fine, my king bed was comfy.
Disappointing because this motel is a wonderful location for our family. The lobby and breakfast area were very sloppy and not clean. Trash cans in entrance were overflowing and check in desk very sloppy. Complimentary USA Today was a week old. Rooms very loud to hallway traffic. Guest room was adequate but needs updating. Just overall not an inviting motel. Will not return.
I am by far picky. But this hotel needs a new owner or management. checked in 11/1/13 walked up stairs and there were chicken wings on the floor where someone ate it and threw their trash on the floor and staff never cleaned it up even after I watched the front desk go up stairs and ignore the wings on the floor....ewww ewww eewwwww. hallways smelled like heavy smoke and weed. room smelt horrible i'd rather smell bleach or clorox versus what I smelled in that room. pillows were so thin looked as tho they were 10 yrs old!! bed was hard. just a trashy hotel all in all. No matter the price you pay if its a non smoking area then I shouldn't smell it!!!! We left a night early and went down the road for 10 more bucks a night at the holiday inn express! better pillows better bed and better smell. The picks on the microtel are not true....also my shower head leaked and sprayed on the floor and on the ceiling.... I will never come back ever!! I am always on a severe budget but i would never recommend this place until new ownership.