Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Athens
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Holiday Inn Athens-University Area(Athens)(Great Value!)
$89
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
$88
$79
All reviewsroom was cleanenjoyed my staycomfortable staybagelsexcellent stayuniversity
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 28, 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 24, 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I booked this room Kayak-Travelocity. I have booked many hotel rooms through Priceline and similar services. It was always my experience that you give your name and the hotel asks for a credit card for incidentals. Not this hotel. I give the name, the clerk looks it up and asks if I have the card I made the reservation with (an AMEX), I said no, I would rather put incidentals on a certain VISA. The clerk says, you owe $47. I said my understanding was the room was paid for, for a different amount. The clerk said "No, that's just to set it up. You're getting a lower rate, I wouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth if I were you, buddy." I don't believe him, but after 6 hours of driving, I really want to get the key to my room, so I sign. Once in my room I look up my AMEX to see that, yes, I had been charged for the room a month ago. When I go down to the lobby, the clerk and the manager demanded to see the AMEX card I did not have. I simply wanted my VISA refunded for a charge that never should have happened. The clerk at one point said "well you can give me the AMEX number?" At this point I restated that the AMEX had nothing to do with this second charge going on the VISA. The manager claimed my VISA was charged because they had no record of payment for the room (BS it was Travelocity, and they had paid). He finally did a refund and instructed to the clerk that he should not charge credit cards for online rooms. The manager and clerk never apologized or even offered a sorry for all the crap I had to deal with from them. Thank God I was only this hotel for one night. I would never deal with them again and will probably avoid all Microtels during future travels.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family