“The best value in Athens”
Review of Savannah Room

Savannah Room
Ranked #101 of 423 Restaurants in Athens
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: One of Athens' finest restaurants. The Savannah Room offers seafood, steaks, vegetarian options, Southern specialties and superb desserts. A full bar is available. The Savannah Room is located inside the UGA Hotel.
Reviewed April 13, 2012

Delicious food at very reasonable prices. Everything i've ordered has been great and i always look forward to going to the Savannah Room. Upscale dining at reasonalbe prices--I love it! Parking can be tricky because it's on campus--try the parking garage behind the Georgia Center.

1  Thank Picky_Professor

Reviewed April 8, 2012

A quality place with chef-prepared entrees but not at all expensive. In the heart of the GA University campus, two minutes from downtown Athens, next to a parking ramp with validated parking. We've always had extraordinary meals, each with that special something. The servers are friendly, experienced and attentive. Lunches are very reasonable and dinners seem to be in the medium range.

Reviewed March 23, 2012

Ate here my first night. Exceptional service. Fresh greens in the salad, love the vinegrette. The she crab soup really hit the spot. Second night, conducted a potential employee interview. Service was just as great. Server remembered me from the night before. Extra points for that.

Reviewed March 13, 2012

But should. I have taken my daughter here after church many times and enjoyed the Sunday buffet. For a buffet, the food was fresh and consistent. Good service as well.

Reviewed August 18, 2011

The setting is lovely. It used to be one of the best kept secrets in town, hidden away in the Georgia Center for Continuing Education--no signs, no advertising, a special place known primarily by visitors staying in the hotel, faculty and staff.

The last time I went was with a group. People either loved their meal or, like me, were very disappointed. I ordered the "angus beef cheeseburger" plate. The meat was gray, dry, and tasteless. I sent it back. Half an hour later, as everyone was finishing their meal, my replacement arrived. It was gray, dry, and tasteless. I didn't eat it.

In fairness, many people still rave about this place. I wish I could. I will not go back again.

1  Thank papillonlady

Been to Savannah Room? Share your experiences!