“It used to be terrific”
Review of Savannah Room

Savannah Room
Ranked #98 of 428 Restaurants in Athens
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: One of Athens' finest restaurants. The Savannah Room offers seafood, steaks, vegetarian options, Southern specialties and superb desserts. A full bar is available. The Savannah Room is located inside the UGA Hotel.
Reviewed August 18, 2011

The setting is lovely. It used to be one of the best kept secrets in town, hidden away in the Georgia Center for Continuing Education--no signs, no advertising, a special place known primarily by visitors staying in the hotel, faculty and staff.

The last time I went was with a group. People either loved their meal or, like me, were very disappointed. I ordered the "angus beef cheeseburger" plate. The meat was gray, dry, and tasteless. I sent it back. Half an hour later, as everyone was finishing their meal, my replacement arrived. It was gray, dry, and tasteless. I didn't eat it.

In fairness, many people still rave about this place. I wish I could. I will not go back again.

1  Thank papillonlady

Been to Savannah Room? Share your experiences!