“a feel good place to eat!”
Review of Heirloom Cafe

Heirloom Cafe
Ranked #24 of 415 Restaurants in Athens
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Everything is from local producers! I feel great about myself and what I ate when eating here! The prices are a bit high to me, but the food is good. Not outstanding, but good. Not large quantities either. I had a fish dinner for $16 and I was still hungry. I'm not a big eater either. Atmosphere is very cute...converted gas station. Outside eating available.

There are newer reviews for Heirloom Cafe

Reviewed June 12, 2013

Heirloom Cafe is more than a place to eat - it is a hospitable, eco-friendly, professional, delicious establishment, and growing to be one of Athens' gems.

Having lunched there several times for business, as it is out of the way of the downtown bustle and earshot of colleagues, it is always a fantastic meal. The staff are extremely pleasant, and the owners are amazing people who greet guests and make you feel at home.

Recently I was inquiring about their caramel cake (I am a caramel cake junkie, and if Jessica makes it, look out for decadence!), and while at the counter noticed a flyer on their catering. So I asked if they would provide lunch for my Board of Directors who were coming to town from across the nation, and are always looking for some Athens authentic treat. Without a hitch we were set to have Heirloom provide lunch, and I must say the communication about details was kept in line much more on their end than mine as the event approached!

What we received was wonderful. Handmade sandwiches (people were RAVING about the pimento cheese), amazing salads (the mustard seed potato salad was a winner), iced teas and homemade cookies. I had people going back to the service table for thirds.

If you are a business in Athens and need a caterer for a luncheon event - even hors doeuvres for a reception - they can do it all! They are professional, on-time, and they work on fair pricing to fit your budget with menu ideas.

I will be using them again and again - and I'll look forward to my excursions to the fringe of town whenever I can! Heirloom is wonderful.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

Great place to eat in Athens. They have fresh food, good prices, and delightful atmosphere. The hamburger and rosemary/garlic fries are delicious.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

I ate brunch with family there recently. They all ordered breakfast items--eggs, pancakes, grits--and raved about the food, which looked good and fresh. The portions ranged from large,for the pancakes, to reasonable, for the grits. I ordered the panzanella salad and was very disappointed. It was described as containing beets, croutons, oranges, arugula and goat cheese, which it did, but more than 50% of the small salad was comprised of croutons. This would not have been so bad if the croutons had been soaked in a flavorful vinagrette as most panzanellas are, but the whole thing had little flavor. It certainly was not worth $8 for the tiny portion. My friend who had been there before said that the salads are overpriced. So, I may go back to this place because I like the idea of local foods, but I won't order a salad.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

Stopped in for lunch as I liked the name of this place. I couldn't decide between the beet salad and a sandwich that had beets in it. The waiter told me to have the sandwich and WOW!
I was SO Delicious! The fact that they source the food locally is a big plus as well. I will be returning ASAP. I can't wait for my next trip to Athens.