“Fresh organic food that tastes great!”
Review of Heirloom Cafe

Heirloom Cafe
Ranked #24 of 415 Restaurants in Athens
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
“Fresh organic food that tastes great!”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

A bit pricey, but the food quality is excellent. The venue is quaint. The staff is friendly and happy. I love eating here. I always try something new and almost always love it!

Visited March 2012

Athens, Georgia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bones in the chicken salad”
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Today we had lunch at your restaurant. There were three of us and we all ordered the chicken salad sandwich. One of the girls found TWO chicken bones in her sandwich!

We told the waiter and he said he would tell the chef, but I don't think he did.

The ice cream sandwich was good, though. No bones in that!

• Visited September 2012
Athens, Georgia
“Great food, atmosphere, and overall experience”
Reviewed September 8, 2012

The food was very good. I had the tempura, the chicken entree which came with sweet potato au gratin, and the caramel cake dessert with coffee. I split each dish with my dining partner and it was a perfect complete meal. It can become pricey but if you split the dishes as I did then you can easily come out under $50. I will return here and they do change the menu to go with the seasons which is another plus. The outdoor patio is great. It was shady and cool. The waitress was awesome and very knowledgeable of the menu. The staff is very knowledgeable of gluten allergies and gluten-free options.

• Visited September 2012
Athens, Ga.
“Heirloom is priceless”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

My husband and I enjoyed outdoor dining, surrounded by pungent plantings of herbs and flowers. The wait staff seemed exuberant and thrilled to be there. One employee let me pick a wee bit of mint to put in my ice water. The food was good, if scanty and a little expensive. We especially enjoyed walking afterward down Boulevard and seeing the eclectic old houses and shade trees.

• Visited October 2011
Greater Atlanta
“Getting Better all the Time”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

A much-needed addition to Normaltown/Cobbham, Heirloom is a fun place whose philosophy I appreciate enough to try to patronize their restaurant as often as I can. First time there I was underwhelmed, but with each subsequent visit I've grown more and more appreciative and my palate more and more satisfied. Always fresh, and usually (or always) locally-grown, their cuisine leaves you feeling satisfied but not stuffed...a good thing.
Absolutely beautiful and creative gardens, by the way.
Keep up the good work, Heirloom, and you will soon rival Athens' best.

• Visited July 2012