“Great food, atmosphere, and overall experience”
Review of Heirloom Cafe

Heirloom Cafe
Ranked #20 of 419 Restaurants in Athens
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 8, 2012

The food was very good. I had the tempura, the chicken entree which came with sweet potato au gratin, and the caramel cake dessert with coffee. I split each dish with my dining partner and it was a perfect complete meal. It can become pricey but if you split the dishes as I did then you can easily come out under $50. I will return here and they do change the menu to go with the seasons which is another plus. The outdoor patio is great. It was shady and cool. The waitress was awesome and very knowledgeable of the menu. The staff is very knowledgeable of gluten allergies and gluten-free options.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

My husband and I enjoyed outdoor dining, surrounded by pungent plantings of herbs and flowers. The wait staff seemed exuberant and thrilled to be there. One employee let me pick a wee bit of mint to put in my ice water. The food was good, if scanty and a little expensive. We especially enjoyed walking afterward down Boulevard and seeing the eclectic old houses and shade trees.

Reviewed August 15, 2012

A much-needed addition to Normaltown/Cobbham, Heirloom is a fun place whose philosophy I appreciate enough to try to patronize their restaurant as often as I can. First time there I was underwhelmed, but with each subsequent visit I've grown more and more appreciative and my palate more and more satisfied. Always fresh, and usually (or always) locally-grown, their cuisine leaves you feeling satisfied but not stuffed...a good thing.
Absolutely beautiful and creative gardens, by the way.
Keep up the good work, Heirloom, and you will soon rival Athens' best.

1  Thank UndertheLilacs
Reviewed August 11, 2012

This could have been such a great spot for a simple neighborhood restaraunt Alas no. Parking lot is always full of SUVS and Lexus from Atlanta. Tiny portions of overpriced, pretentious rubbish. Friendly but slow service. Sooo many better places in Athens you could spend $70 at for a dinner for 2. Sorry, its just awfull.

1  Thank SirNob
Reviewed August 5, 2012

I enjoyed eating outside in the relatively quiet of the evening. The food was good but I found the appetizer to be under seasoned. The waitress was very accommodating and asked if we wanted any substitutions to the entree. The vegetables were cooked perfectly and the entree was yummy. They have a good selection of wines. The prices seemed a little high and there just seemed to be something missing. Maybe it was the lack of seasoning or the lack of a sauce on the entree. It just missed the mark of fine dining. I would like to try their brunch.

Been to Heirloom Cafe? Share your experiences!