“Great Food!”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

Best Croque Monsieur I've had outside of Paris! Frites were crispy, seasoned well and served with a spicy ketchup that was perfect. Service was attentive and food came out fast at lunch. Will definitely visit again!!

Reviewed March 19, 2014

The last three times my wife and I have been in town we headed right for this excellent bistro and have never been anything less than delighted. This time we both had a pork tenderloin dish that was the best dinner we had on this trip which included several high-end restaurants. If you are in town and are a foodie you must try this place. It is small, so reservations would be wise. The wine list is almost entirely French but the staff has always been reliable in helping us select a good wine. A great place for a hot date.

When full, the place can be quite energetic but my wife and I could still easy converse. Several tables offer a view of a main corner of the campus and the main drag which offer a great view of students coming and going. We look forward to our next time in town so we can come again.

Reviewed March 8, 2014

Friendly staff, good prices, nice food.
Family with me enjoyed the arugula salad with blue cheese and French onion soup.

Reviewed February 25, 2014

Well, I didn't eat a wide range of items at Etienne Brasserie, but I did have the best steak frites (twice) I've ever eaten (including in a much-touted brasserie in New York City) as well as the best chocolate mousse and creme brulee (and I've eaten soooo many of those over the years).

Oh yes, the salad with the poached egg and bits of pork in it was also right on and one of those delicious things brasseries (are supposed to) do so well. The malbec was yummy, the service good enough (it was not busy either time I was there, once for lunch and once for dinner). And the bread, which I could not eat due to gluten issues, well, I could tell without eating it that it was chewy-yet-soft and hot with lots of fresh butter. Even in very good restaurants, the bread is somewhat lacking (or it used to be, when I could eat bread). My table mates ate two baskets of the stuff. This restaurant will be a splurge for some, but worth it.

Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

Despite the owner being an unpleasant person, the staff is over the top, from Rachel finding you a nice spot, over Kate taking care of you - well pampering - you at the table up to Alex(andra) behind the bar. All lovely !!!

Classic French dishes: starters, entrees and desserts... done the French way. Close, very close to the indigenous versions on the Old Continent.

One of my favourite places in Athens.