“Poor food, French imposter”
Review of Etienne Brasserie - CLOSED

Etienne Brasserie
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Athens, Georgia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Poor food, French imposter”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

I had not one, but three bad experiences at this overpriced restaurant which does not have a clue about French cooking. To even use a french name is a joke. My wife and I met friends there for dinner. We both had thier roasted chicken. Both dishes were so tough we could not eat them. Do not waste your time or money.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank DonSmith30606

• Korean first
Leicestershire, United Kingdom
“Enjoyable food, nice place”
Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

An interesting French influenced menu. I had Steak frites and had no complaints, a generous portion size and perfectly cooked. Service was friendly and efficient and there was a nice atmosphere although tables are perhaps a little to close to each other than would be ideal. Not cheap but reasonably priced.

Athens, Georgia
“So-so”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

My wife and I have eaten here before and liked it. But we were disappointed with our last visit. Her meal (buckwheat crepe with duck) was way too salty and had very little duck in it. I had pork loin -- I can cook it better at home. It wasn't bad but not at all inspired.

We had a coupon for $25 off. If I had paid full price, I would have been severely disappointed with the meal instead of just disappointed.

• Visited November 2012
Colbert, Georgia
“On the fence...”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

We LOVE French cuisine, and this restaurant serves classic French food. Presentation was beautiful. Good selection without being overwhelming. Service was good. Atmosphere was typical (eclectic/ exposed brick, etc) for Broad Street, Athens area. -BUT- Dinner for two, with one glass of wine each, and a single dessert that we split was $100.00. This is okay if everything is perfect, but it wasn't. Both dinners were lukewarm. A guest at the next table sent back a soup because it wasn't hot. I had a filet mignon that was generous, but had a huge chunk of gristle at end rendering it inedible. The guest on the other side of us had the same problem. Our dessert was served in a chipped glass cup (quite a large jagged and sharp chip). We didn't notice at first, as whipped cream covered the chip.
Nothing was so serious as to cause us to regret trying this restaurant. But the multiple misses combined with the high price will probably prevent us from trying it again.

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank weji13
London, United Kingdom
“wonderful... proper food!”
Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

very enjoyable meals on two separate visits this month. great, unobtrusive service from staff who knew the food and wine, and some great blues in the background. the dishes are nicely prepared and presented, not strict French with lovely use of local produce combinations... and sensible portions!