“nice but disappointing”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Athens, GA
“nice but disappointing”
Reviewed June 29, 2012

This is a nice addition to downtown Athens, but it always disappoints. I've been here for lunch and dinner (twice). The lunch menu is limited and it took like 25 minutes for my meal to come and I was almost the only person there. The beef steak was really fatty too, and the knife they gave me to cut it was not sharp enough. The fries are good (but if all you want are fries, go to Five Guys down the street). The dinner menu is much better, but overpriced. I've had the glorified mac and cheese with ham for $15. It'll fill you up, but it's too expensive. I've had the coq au vin, which was ok. Again, not worth the price I paid for it. Though it claims to be a french restaurant, there is nothing French about it. The tables and chairs are American, the atmosphere/music is American, the service is American, the food is mostly American and not French. I had the escargot, and it was terrible. Even though I'm down on this restaurant, the outdoor seating is very nice.

• Visited April 2012

• Korean first
Athens GA
“French bistro meets college town”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

While I've only sampled their lunch fare the food is excellent and service is friendly. I would call it paced rather than slow, because the food is obviously prepared to order and the chef accommodates preferences and changes which is often not done. The pomme frites are the best in town, and the burgers are superb.

• Visited March 2012
Athens, Georgia
“Best steaks away from home.”
Reviewed May 21, 2012

When you're too lazy to procure and cook an excellent steak for yourself, this is the place. And the fries are sinfully good.

Visited March 2012
Florida
“Could Be Better...”
Reviewed May 16, 2012

Went for lunch on a nice sunny day. Not too many tables were occupied. The waiter was prompt and friendly. The lunch menu was disappointing--fairly limited. It took way too long for the food to come out of the kitchen (especially for the amount of diners they had). There was nothing to munch on while you waited. Some bread or some olives would have been nice since we were drinking a bottle of wine. I had the Pates Au Four (pasta/cheeses) which was served too hot. It was average. His Croque Monsieur was good. There is some outside seating which appears to be pet friendly. This place has potential.

• Visited May 2012
Nashville, Tennessee
“Good food, great atmosphere.”
Reviewed May 13, 2012

I'm surprised at where this restaurant is in the rankings. Lower than Mello Mushroom for God's sake! Anyways, this is a neat place to eat especially if you like dining outside. They have tables on the street that put you on the frontlines of people watching which can be a great thing in a college town and feels very european. We had the French Onion Soup, Rillete De Saumon and for entrees the Pates Au Four and Salade Nicoise. All were very good. I don't pretend to know a lot about french cuisine but I do know if the food I eat is good or not and this was very good.

After dinner was coffee - French Press style and a cognac. Our service was excellent and friendly. My business associate had some special requests that were met promptly and without resistance. We enjoyed the atmosphere and took up a table for two-and-a-half hours but were treated courteously and never rushed. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone and will dine there again when in town.

• Visited April 2012