“Just ok”
Review of The Hoyt House Restaurant - CLOSED

The Hoyt House Restaurant
Cuisines: European
Reviewed April 26, 2013

We ate breakfast after staying in the hotel. The coffee cups were small and needed to be refilled several times. There was only one person working but service was slow. Three tables were occupied, so I would not consider it busy. The biscuit was over done, however they did give a discount. We will eat elsewhere next time.

There are newer reviews for The Hoyt House Restaurant

Reviewed April 7, 2013

It was awesome. I got free room service for breakfast the first morning and the lady who delivered it was so nice and polite. The second morning I went down to eat in the restaurant and it was even better. The service and staff were very professional and attendant to detail.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

We stayed at the Foundry Park Inn and Spa and decided to have breakfast at the Hoyt House on Saturday morning. We walked in and stood in the foyer for about 10 minutes until someone said "someone will be right with you" we waited another 2 or 3 minutes and were seated. The server took our drink order - unsweetened tea for me and coffee for my husband - we sat there a good 15 minutes before the server came back and said "we will have to brew you some tea." At this point we got up to leave, the server apologized to us and said they were very short staffed. This was Valentine's Day Weekend!!!!! Short staffing should not happen. I had just seen the Chef walking toward the Foundry Park office. I was very disappointed as I had spent quite a while reading the menu and was excited to try their food. If we ever go back to Athens, Georgia, I'm sure we will stay with Foundry Park Inn and Spa again and I will give the Hoyt House another chance, but two is all they will get from me!

FoundryPark, Guest Relations Manager at The Hoyt House Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Good Afternoon, prettylady1205

We truly appreciate you taking the time to review your recent experience at The Hoyt House.

We pride ourselves in having friendly, well-trained, experienced, and attentive staff. It truly saddens us that we have failed you in this regard.

Additional servers have already been hired and the current servers are receiving further training.

We would like to invite you back to dine at The Hoyt House so that we may provide you with excellent customer service that we are known for.

In our never relenting efforts to better ourselves as a restaurant, guest feedback is a crucial, invaluable, and vital resource.

Thank you again.

Tom Allgood
Front Desk and Guest Services Manager
Foundry Park Inn and Spa

Reviewed February 14, 2013

Had breakfast here during our stay at the Foundry Park Inn and thought the waitress, Annise, delightful, but the cook couldn't seem to get the food right. The waffles weren't quite done, even on the second try, and the omelette had the onions my husband asked be omitted.

Good Afternoon, Karen_Savannah

Thank you so very much for taking the time to review your recent visit to The Hoyt House.

Your compliments have been passed on to Anise and our Executive Chef has addressed the issues you mentioned with the culinary staff.

As 4 time winners of the "Taste of Athens" Award, we pride ourselves in providing beautiful, delicious, and unique cuisine at competitive prices. It truly pains us that we have failed you in this regard.

We would like to invite you and your husband back to The Hoyt House so that we may have the opportunity to provide the excellence service and exquisite cuisine that some many of our loyal guests have come to adore and expect from us.

Thank you, again and we look forward to seeing you again.

Tom Allgood
Front Desk and Guest Services Manager
The Hoyt House at the Foundry Park Inn and Spa

Reviewed October 23, 2012

The Hoyt House presented a wonderful menu with affordable side items. The bisquits and oatmeal were a real treat. Service was quick and friendly. Highly recommend!!!

1  Thank CFAMeeting