“Wanted something different.”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Hull, Georgia
“Wanted something different.”
Reviewed May 31, 2014

It was my birthday and I wanted something new and different. A place that I haven't been to before,I'm so glad I choose George's it was so very good!!!! If you get the chance to go you must try and go. I had the low country boil it was the best.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank amanda1234547

Athens GA
“Excellent staff and good food!”
Reviewed May 15, 2014

We frequent George's because the food is terrific and the staff are always welcoming. Mainstays are: fried shrimp, includes potatoes and a corn-tomato side dish; crawfish Étouffée, with rice; excellent crab cakes; and redfish (or similar) with Étouffée topping. All are accompanied by cheese biscuits and a nice side salad. For excellent cuisine, the prices are very reasonable. We particularly like George's for special occasions.

Jermaine is a special waiter and we are always happy when he greets us and comes to our table.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank AthensBulldawg
“Fair”
Reviewed May 12, 2014

Went to George's with friends. I ordered the gumbo while my wife ordered the scallops. The gumbo was more tomatoey than i have had elsewhere (my standard for gumbo is from New Orleans and I make my own gumbo at home, so my standards may be too high). The six scallops were served on a bed of grits. These were large scallops (ocean?) and seemed a bit over cooked (a bit chewy and not as sweet). Maybe my experience diving for scallops in Florida has set my expectations rather lofty.

Some of our friends ordered the crawfish étouffée and said it was very good.

Overall our food was good, but seemed a bit expensive for what was served ( six scallops were $20).
I would return if my friends insisted we eat there, but it would not be my first choice for dining in Athens. Server was great and the outdoor live music added ambiance.

• Visited April 2014
Chapin, South Carolina
“Excellent Choice”
Reviewed May 10, 2014

While touring with a bus group, our leader had chosen this restaurant for our evening meal. We were seated on the shady patio on a blissful, pleasant evening. The food was outstanding as was the service. Everyone complimented their choice in food. I wish we lived closer to the area so we could visit again.

• Visited May 2014
“Great piece of New Orleans”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

This is one of our favorite eateries in Athens. The food is a good piece of Cajun . The service and atmosphere are friendly. I particularly enjoy the redfish with étouffée . The wine special sometimes unearths a find.

• Visited February 2014