“This place is awesome.”

Ranked #12 of 420 Restaurants in Athens
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 7, 2012

This place was successful in every stage of the game. Wait staff were professional, helpful, and friendly. The aesthetics of the place were very pleasant. The food was terrific. My husband had the short ribs and I had the eggplant pierogies. Haven't stopped thinking about them yet, and it's been 2 months! Can't wait to go back.

2  Thank Stephanie A

Reviewed February 25, 2012

This was a fairly new restaurant the first time I went six months ago and I felt it was average. It has now really improved. Primarily seafood entrees. The gumbo and Cajun dishes were very good and spiced just like New Orleans. I had Red Fish and it was excellent. All the members of my party felt their food was very good. Wine and drink prices were OK. I will go back.

1  Thank johnwGA
Reviewed February 18, 2012

George's LCT is one of the best options in Athens for weekend brunch. Their menu is somewhat small but has something for nearly everyone. I asked if they could make something not on their menu - a crawfish etoufee omelet - and they conjured up one of the best dishes I've had in a long time. Their fried green tomato eggs benedict was "phenomenal" (according to my girlfriend). They're never too crowded for brunch time, a nice change from most of the downtown restaurants. But they have definite reason to be crowded with food as tasty as they have. Go get you some!

Reviewed February 5, 2012

Five of us enjoyed dinner here after a gymnastics meet. We started off with oysters on the half shell which were VERY reasonably priced and very good. We followed these with the crawfish appetizer which was a good as Acme in New Orleans! The pimiento cheese and fried okra was a good idea but just wished they melted the pimiento cheese a little so it would stick to the okra. Flavor was very good but kind of hard to enjoy both components. I had the shrimp and grits along with gumbo for my meal..both of which are appetizers. Very Good! Others enjoyed the crab bisque, avocado and hoppin john salad, fried oyster meal and quail with polenta. Everything was well prepared and served at a great temperature! We are looking forward to our next meal here!!! Hope to try the brunch.

Reviewed February 2, 2012

Have been here several times. Always good service, atmosphere and delicious. Pork, beef and seafood have all been good each time. Specials vary as to spicyness. Biscuits great with the pulled pork.. You should try it.