“Great event with co-workers”
Review of Georgia Food Tours

Georgia Food Tours
Ranked #2 of 6 Tours in Athens
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great event with co-workers”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

We did the beer and food tour in Athens. We had a great informative guide, lots of fun walking the city and really enjoyed the tastings. This was a great low-key way to end a long day of work with co-workers and have a relaxed activity that got us on our feet.

Visited October 2013

Monticello, Georgia, United States
“Agro Cycle Tour”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

If you appreciate locally grown food and enjoy cycling, an Agro Cycle Tour is for you! My husband and I did the September tour, which visited three farms in the Monroe area. The first farm grows produce, the second raises meat, and the third produces biodiesel. All three farms operate in as environmentally friendly manner as possible, working with nature and mimicking its processes. Darby Farms, which produces pork and poultry, particularly reminded me of Joel Salatin’s approach to farming, as described in the excellent book "The Omnivore’s Dilemma." After the ride, tour participants were treated to a delicious pizza lunch that incorporated ingredients from the farms we visited. Lunch was served at a historic homestead, a wonderful finale to a very fun and educational day. Thank you, Mary Charles, and everyone else at Athens Food Tours!

Visited September 2013
Athens, Georgia
“Athens Food Tours Farm Tour Ride”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

This was a very fun event for my wife and me. It was our first time but we already plan to do it again. The farm tours were really much better than I expected and the ride wasn't nearly so daunting as we feared. You ride about 10 miles between farm tours and have a very nice break with snacks and drinks for about 30-45 minutes so, you are ready to continue.
A couple of tips: start time may be staggered for faster/slower riders and snacks may not be enough to keep you fueled. Be prepared, possibly, to begin later if you are a slower rider, i.e. under 13mph and to bring some hearty snacks to keep your energy up for the full ride. Also, water ran out at the very end, at dinner, so you may want to have extra on hand in your car.
Being prepared makes it more fun and we'll be better prepared next time and have an even better time.

Visited September 2013
Athens, GA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“My favorite activity in Athens”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

This was, without a doubt, the coolest thing I've done all year. We went to celebrate a friend's birthday and it was really great. The tour is informative, interesting and delicious. The way that different farms operate is fascinating. The bike portion was challenging but not too difficult. I cannot wait for fall to do it again and bring more friends!

Visited July 2013
Athens, Georgia, United States
“Wonderful biking tour of area farms!”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Had a fabulous time biking between 3 Athens-area farms. Enoyed biking with friends and meeting new people while learning about organic farming and tasting yummy produce from each farm! Highly recommend this adventure! Great price, great fun!

Visited July 2013

Been to Georgia Food Tours? Share your experiences!