“Athens Bicycle Farm Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Georgia Food Tours

Georgia Food Tours
Ranked #2 of 6 Tours in Athens
Athens, Georgia
“Athens Bicycle Farm Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

Oct 14 2012 Organic Farms, Free Range Cows, Beautiful Bike Ride, Beautiful People.

Mary Charles bicycle farm tour is a must do for anyone interested in humane and organic farming. A well organized safe outing for family or party of one. Mary Charles caters to her people leaving out nothing. I told Mary Charles I have a gluten allergy pre tour and Your Pie owner Drew French had a gluten free crust in it's own pie pan ready for me. After the tour our self made pizzas were cooked on the spot with fresh toppings from all the farms we visited on our tour. Johnston Dairy was my favorite. The owner Russell Johnston was very knowledgeable entertaining and his mozzarella outstanding. The people were friendly as the ride was beautiful.

Atlanta, Georgia, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“farm tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

Great time visiting local organic farm and learning how these farmers are so important for the future of farming. Great food and enjoyed the bike ride. Always felt safe and had excellent back up. wonderful people. the organizers and the people - very friendly! I recommend this tour and will be back for another one!

Athens, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Bloody Mary Tour was awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

This was our first time doing one of the Athens Food Tours -- we loved it and will definitely do more! Our Bloody Mary tour had 4 stops, and we had some delicious drinks and appetizers. Kate, our tour guide, was terrific -- very fun, personable, and knowledgeable. I highly recommend doing a tour, whether you're a visitor or live in Athens (even as a long-time resident, I learned some new places and some new things I wasn't aware of). Can't wait to do our next one!

1 Thank TrailRunnerVal
San Juan
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“personable food tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012

My friends and I traveled from Atlanta to take this food tour and were not disappointed! It was great meeting owner/guide Mary Charles and walking with her as she shared the fun historical facts about Athens and the fun local spots and eats that make this such a special town.

We were all pretty hungry and were stuffed by the end. This is a progressive food tour so it builds up as you walk, and it is SO fun anticipating the next stop.

This food tour has THREE alcohol stops (or stops that include alcohol) so that's fun too! haha. Most food tours don't serve ANY alcohol, but this one is truly a southern hospitality kinda tour =)

We are going to do another of the neighborhood tours at some point in the future -- it was a "not to miss" tour if you're wanting an overview of Athens, ga. Thanks, mary for the personal touch and taking your time. We had a great private tour!!!

Visited September 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great way to spend a Saturday!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

My husband and I had a great time with Mary Charles a few weekends ago on the food tour. We went to five unique locations, ate a ton of food, and enjoyed hearing about the history of the area. Mary Charles was wonderful and we can't wait to come back!

Visited August 2012