“My favorite Athens restaurant”

Brett's Casual American
Ranked #33 of 415 Restaurants in Athens
Cuisines: American
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Brett's is still the favorite place for our family to go. I usually get the fish (salmon or snapper). My wife loves their black beans. A good kids menu keeps everyone happy. We always see people we know while we're there. And the Shiner on tap is a good draw for me.

1  Thank Picky_Professor
There are newer reviews for Brett's Casual American

Reviewed January 12, 2014

Have been going to Brett's for years and always have great personal service and great food. The owners take care to talk with customers and make you feel at home. Their tomato basil is the best. Fish tacos are great too. My kids always enjoy their meals and their portions are generous too.

Reviewed November 22, 2013

Every time I have eaten at Brett's it has been a pleasure. The food is consistently very good. The fish tacos are great! The service is pleasurable and the atmosphere is casual and relaxed. I really think Brett's should rank higher in Athens' Trip Advisor ranking!

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Good food and friendly service. Try the tenderloin. Very good. There is a main eating area and a bar eating area where one can watch news, sports, etc. during their meal. I highly recommend it.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Brett's is a great go to place for a sandwich, salad, or light dinner. Their entrees are plentiful, and the flavor is fresh and delicious each time I've visited. The service is so friendly, too. The crew at Brett's really does a great job of remembering you and getting you what you need.

My only reason for not giving this place a 5 star review is the ambiance. The restaurant is clean, but the booths are old and dingy, and the place could use a makeover. The bathrooms are also cramped and dark (though clean). The food makes it worth overlooking this issue, though.