“Almost Five Stars”

Cuisines: American
Georgia
“Almost Five Stars”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

We went with extended family, and everyone found something satisfying at Brett's. The prices were very good, and the food was delivered promptly, especially considering the variety. I had Island Chicken, which was quite good. Hubby had salmon, which he said was very good as well. Others in the party tried burgers, hotdogs, etc. The restaurant is larger than it appears from the front, and we had no trouble seating our party of six.

From my perspective, there were two downsides: One, I do not care for the extensive menu posted on several signboards, which was almost overwhelming, followed by paying at the counter, before getting the meal. Two, the sides were mostly starch, including several forms of potato.

Still, the meals were well prepared, presented, and an excellent value.

Visited September 2013

Bogart, Georgia
“I keep hoping it'll get better, but it's mediocre at best”
Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

Having dined here for years (since opening day as a matter if fact), we've found our Brett's experiences to always be rather meh. Sometime great. Sometimes almost inedible. But on the whole, average. As a result, we find our patronage lessening considerably. While their cream corn is out of this world, it's the only thing that keeps bringing us back. But increasingly that's not enough to overcome the burdensome ordering process (a wall of handwritten menu items that often causes a backup at the counter) only to have either poor employee training or ever changing policies mean you can't order what you want. The latest is their build your own option. Choose from a list of sides...but all of the sudden (after years if being able to) you can't pick two of the same item (like two sides of corn). It's just not worth the effort.

• Visited September 2013
“Favorite Athens restaurant”
Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

Bretts is our favorite Athens restaurant. The service is friendly and the food is consistently good. Huge menu and I have never been disappointed.

Visited July 2013
Athens, Georgia
“Great Family Atmosphere! Excellent Food!”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Can't say enough good things about Brett's and the family that owns it. I am not personal friends with them, but know of them through their restaurant and the community and they are the American Dream in action. Serving delicious food to you as if you were they're own family! Excellent burgers, fresh fish tacos and the chicken sandwiches are to die for! They bring you cheerios when you walk in with children to help keep them happy till the food comes out, which is always quick! Bravo Brett and Family!

Visited March 2013
Pekin, Illinois
“Great menu selection and food”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

My colleagues and I ate at Brett's twice in two weeks for lunch. The menu is very wide--from salads (which are HUGE) to burgers to chicken. The prices are decent (it is a sit-down place). It's casual and the service is quick.

The first time I ate there, I had the monte cristo chicken sandwich and sweet potato tater tots. The sandwich was good. The tater tots are AWESOME. They are a must-have. I did have them at both visits and received much food envy from others at my table. The second time I went, I had the buffalo bleu burger, medium-rare. Very good, though a bit sloppy--ended up eating it with my fork.

I'll definitely go back next time I'm in town! I'd like to go back again for dinner sometime and enjoy the bar as well.

• Visited April 2013