“Again, not your typical review”
Review of The Foundry Athens

The Foundry Athens
Ranked #50 of 416 Restaurants in Athens
Cuisines: Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Listen to celebrated musicians in the Melting Point where you can Eat. Drink. Listen Closely. Menus prepared by Chef martin Smetana!
Reviewed March 9, 2014

My better half's brother is a manager here, so my experience is probably atypical. I do tend to think that the Melting Point usually puts on a pretty good show and the layout is good for such events. Their service is usually solid and the food and drinks, while pricey, are quality.

I will say, though, that the connecting hotel (The Foundry) is kind of high dollar, I think, for what it is. I remember attending a good friend's wedding here a few years back and their suite had a gift basket in it, that you'd think would be complimentary -- instead, it was basically like an honor bar in any hotel -- they had to pay for the candy and food in the gift basket if they chose to partake. I thought that was kind of chintzy, but only because I know that having had the wedding there, and rented several rooms, the new couple paid a pretty penny -- you'd think some Reese's Cups and Peppermint Patties could have been included in the tab.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

My husband and I met at the Hoyt House in the Foundry 8 years ago. We visit the Melting Point often, recalling fond memories and making new ones. :) We love it here. It is a great place to catch a show.... they bring in great musicians and wonderful entertainment. The venue itself is unique, cozy, with wonderful acoustics. The food is really yummy, too!

1  Thank Amanda H
Reviewed October 11, 2013

We went to The Melting Point to see Lake Street Dive. The menu looked small but the food we had was great. The trio appetizer of hummus, black bean dip and pimento cheese was awesome....whoever thought to pair banana peppers with pimento cheese deserves a gold star! Strawberry and Blue Cheese salads were really good (and very large portions). Our main dinner was the spinach pasta and the shrimps/grits. Spinach pasta was good, Shrimp/grits was amazing. Both the opening act and headlining group were both really good. I'm glad we made the drive.

1  Thank Abigail R
Reviewed October 9, 2013

This bar/restaurant with lovely outdoor seating and free parking is great since it hosts lots of bands and has lots of events and activities going on most that charge a cover to get in. Inside there are several levels for sitting and a nice stage and a small area where you could dance some. The outdoor seating is super nice with a lovely view of the sky and just feel relaxed and cool. Sometimes they even have small bands play outside which is really supper. However, the food is just ok. The beers are good though. I tried the salad, a burger, pizza, appetizer and fries. Of all these things the only thing I would try again are the fries. So average food but great venue. Check out their website for events.

1  Thank Cchamelion
Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

Melting Point is a ok place to dine. What makes it stand out is the music venue! Great sound. If you want tk stand there is pkenty if room for that, but for those of us that like yo sit there are many tables and your odds are good at finding a seat. Get adventourous and go up to the balcony where there is great seats, a bar, and bathroom s. On a not so busy night u can sometimes have this whole area to yourself.

1  Thank rayrayjulian