“They should stick to entertainment”
Review of The Foundry Athens

The Foundry Athens
Ranked #38 of 419 Restaurants in Athens
Cuisines: Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Listen to celebrated musicians in the Melting Point where you can Eat. Drink. Listen Closely. Menus prepared by Chef martin Smetana!
Reviewed June 12, 2013

We got there before the evening's entertainment was to begin. All we wanted was food and this restaurant was a part of the Foundry Park Inn where we were staying. First, the hostess let us pick our table, then made us move because that table was going to be in the way of some workers coming in to set up for the evening. I ordered the spinach and artichoke dip, and my husband ordered the vegetarian dip trio. The dip, itself, was good, although bland, but the bread slices served with it were stale. They weren't crispy like crostini or soft like fresh slices of bread. They were hard and difficult to chew. I finally just used one piece like a spoon. We purposefully ordered our entrees after our appetizers were served. That did not, however, prevent them from being delivered before we were finished with the appetizers. We are not slow eaters...quite the contrary....that leads me to believe everything is already plated and waiting for its customer. I had shrimp and grits, which were again bland, but once I added enough salt, fairly tasty. My husband had the boneless porkchop. I suppose we expected something a little thicker than what you'd get out of a Swanson dinner, but to be fair the description didn't say a thick chop. We also had trouble getting our water refilled at first as our server was busy moving tables. I ws quite disappointed. The Melting Point is known as an entertainment venue. It should stick to that and offer bar food, not charge higher-caliber prices for food I could get in a cafeteria.

3  Thank DhcAug
Tom A, Guest Relations Manager at The Foundry Athens, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

Good Afternoon, DhcAug

We truly do appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your recent visit to the Melting Point. Thank you so very much for all of the constructive criticism that you were able to give us regarding your dining experience at the Melting Point.

The in-depth nature of your comments and observations were very much appreciated. Although, we regret any inconvenience or confusion that these issues may have caused, we very much appreciate your honesty and candor in your comments. It is our goal that we exceed your expectations and we do regret that we have failed you in this regard. However, rest assured that we will use those issues as areas to train our staff and help us move forward as a property.

Our executive chef, Steve, sends his deepest and most heartfelt apologies. As ACF’s Chef of the Year 2012, he prides himself in providing delectable cuisine accompanied with wonderful table service and it truly saddens him that he has failed you in this regard. All of your points have already been addressed with his staff to ensure that no one else will experience the same issues in the future.

It is our goal to provide a wonderful memory for all of our guests and we are truly sorry that we did not meet your expectations. I can assure you that we do appreciate your business and attempt to do everything in our power to earn it.

With all that being said, we would like to invite you back to the Melting Point so that we may have the opportunity show you the outstanding cuisine that has won us so many awards. Please contact me directly to book your reservation.

Again, thank you for the constructive criticism, I truly hate that we let you down. In our unyielding efforts to better ourselves and our property, guest feedback is our most valuable resource.

Tom Allgood
Guest Services and Front Desk Manager
Foundry Park Inn and Spa

Reviewed April 26, 2013

Went to see our favorite band and loved the venue. We had the fish tacos and chicken salad sandwich, they were great. Our side were sweet potato tots, they were good also. Our server was attentive throughout the meal and concert. It is best to get there early to get a good table.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

It was V-day weekend and we were looking for something to do after our event was over, heard the music and wandered over. They were able to fit us in immediately, seat us by the stage and serve us. The dessert was very good and the service absolutely wonderful!

1  Thank prettylady1205
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Been to a wedding, annual beer festival and fundraiser here. Lovely staff.
Great food and beer selection.
The space is a bit cramped and choppy.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

This is a hot spot for all types of great music in Athens. Check it out. Food and service were fairly good, too.