“Yummy!”

Amici
Ranked #205 of 413 Restaurants in Athens
Cuisines: Bar, Pizza, American
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Pizza. Wings. Friends. We are one of Athens go to spots with the best pizza and wings in town. We always a game on and give service with a smile.
Bethlehem, Georgia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Yummy!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012

Excellent calzone and pizza. Great place to have a local brew, watch a game or just enjoy good italian food.

Visited May 2012

Jefferson, Georgia
“Smells Like A Toilit! Oh, What A Stench!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2012

Love the food, hate the stench! Hubby and I have eaten at Amici's 3 times in the past year. The food is good, the service is adequate - but the smell will knock you to your knees! It keeps getting worse each visit it seems. Last visit was with my brother and his girlfriend visiting from Vegas. They wanted to see Athens, they wanted cold beer and Italian food. We ended up at Amici's (while I kept my fingers crossed that perhaps this visit would not make my eyes water like I was in the mens room at the local truck stop). No such luck, stinky again said Peppy La-PEW! My brother's new girlfriend (who was gagging) suggested we eat outside. Thank goodness it was rather warm and not too cold or windy on this sunny winter day. We did enjoy ourselves - since we were outside. Good food but "barely warm" pitchures of beer. I do love their salads! Yummy bruchetta and tasty marinara sauce! They do have rather small servings though, rather small! This place is worth a visit but they absolutely need to do something about the plumbing. The waitress did apologise for the odor and advised us that you get used to it after awhile. Huh? Well, it may be awhile before we return...I don't want to get used to smelling pee! I think I will call to check if the stench is gone before my next visit or I will plan to sit in their outside dining area! Yea, thats the solution. This restaurant is so stinky inside that all you have to do is just sit outside! No big deal! Hope it doesn't rain!

Visited March 2012
Athens, Georgia
“I never knew how good Amici's was”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

Went there with a few friends who were bragging about Amici's, I never really had experience with this place. But the Calzone was amazing! Its reasonable and the atmosphere is good. BUT the wait was almost 2 hours!!!!

Visited May 2012
Statesboro, Georgia
“Pretty Good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2012

Typical italian place, nothing incredible but nothing really wrong with it either.

Visited August 2011
Athens, Georgia
“Wings, Pizza, Beer”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2012

Good place to eat unhealthy food and drink beer on the cheap! Lots of people must feel this way, because it is often packed when I try to go. I like it because of the value and it has a pretty good atmosphere.

Visited April 2012