“Nothing fancy...reasonable rates...and NO BED BUGS!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sleep Inn & Suites

Sleep Inn & Suites
Ranked #13 of 22 Hotels in Athens
Crawford, Georgia
“Nothing fancy...reasonable rates...and NO BED BUGS!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2012

I just stayed 2 nights (the weekend before Christmas) and I was very impressed with the cost of the room being that close to a major holiday. With rates like that...all I expect is a clean room with no bed bugs...and that's exactly what I got.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Harry F, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 29, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write us a positive review and thank you for your warm words. As you may or may not know, the hotel is under new management as of 5 months ago. We are trying our very best to make sure we provide the absolute best hospitality and lodging experience for our guests. We understand that you have many options in the marketplace, and are pleased that you have made Sleep Inn & Suites of Athens, Ga your premier choice for you hotel lodging needs.

All of our rooms go thru a consistent and thorough deep cleaning program to ensure cleanliness and comfort.

Again, thank you for taking the time to write us a review. My self and the entire staff here really do appreciate it.

Warm Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Chciago
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2012

In general, a nice place, but there are some things you should know. Not exactly sure how clean this place is. It looks good, but I have my doubts. Breakfast included, but it is one of those hash and dash types, with nothing too substantial. Fitness room is typical few machines and pool is small, but will suffice. Stayed on the top floor and there was an incessant humming that was loud! Had to close the bathroom door to lessen it. Maybe there is a heating system up on the roof. Asked for non-smoking and got a smoking room which was very noticeable by smell and holes in comforters. Had to ask for coffee for the corning drip machine in the room. Windows had a film on them, probably from the abundance of smoke. So, you decide for yourself if it is worth it, but these are some things you may wish to know.

Room Tip: rooms that do not face the busy highway are quieter.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
It is with great concern and regret we received your complaint outlining the problem you had with your stay.

First and foremost, on behalf of Sleep Inn & Suites of Athens, GA. I would like to personally apologize for your inconvenience. We accept full responsibility for the mistake and I assure you we are taking the necessary steps to prevent it from happening in the future. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention.

We value our customers and ask you to please feel free to continue to provide feedback about our services. If you have any further questions or would like to discuss this matter further, please feel free to contact me at my personal number 706.850.1261 (ext. 500) we look forward to continuing serving you as a valued customer.

Thank you for your invaluable support,

Travelers are raving about these Athens hotels

Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

I generally expect a certain level of quality when it comes to the average chain of hotels and honestly don't expect too much. This one stuck out from the usual ones in a good way. I was there to visit a couple friends I hadn't seen in years.
Idk if it was the long drive that wore me out but I slept really well the first night. Slept good the other nights too. Location was good because it was near my friends, but its not a good choice if you are planning on seeing Atlanta. I usually avoid hotel food because I'm picky, but I gave it 4 anyway because if it was going to follow suit with everything else then I assume its good. Considering the price you pay, its a great choice if you want to stay in or near this area of Georgia.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank DoughRly
Thank you for your posting on Trip Advisor and on behalf of the entire Sheraton Vistana Villages team thank you for spending your Orlando vacation with us. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay including your villa accommodations, resort location and Flagler’s Station Bar and Grill. We are also pleased that our staff was able to provide the exceptional level of service that our guests have come to expect from the Sheraton brand. If you would like to provide additional feedback please contact us at svvgm@starwoodvo.com.

Thank you for taking the time to write this review on TripAdvisor, and the entire Sleep Inn & Suites team thanks you for spending your time in Athens, GA with us. We are elated to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our location.

Please do come and stay with us again on your next visit to Athens, GA!

Austin, TX
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Maybe my standards are different then other reviewers but there isn't much positive I can say about the Sleep Inn. From the moment you walk in the front door the carpet and furniture is dirty and the carpet is also loose and a tripping hazard. I was charged a $10 early check in fee even thought the room was ready and I arrived an hour or hour and a half early. The room itself had something all over one of the walls and there was no bedding provided for the fold out couch. I had to find someone from housekeeping to get it. Would not stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Harry F, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
It is with great concern and regret we received your complaint outlining the problem you had with your recent stay. When our hotel was built, carpet in the lobby was a requirement, we have noticed the issue it creates, as it is such a high traffic area. We are in the process of renovating our lobby area with a beautiful imported porcelain tile.

Our check in time is 2:00 P.M. and we use this to ensure that our house keeping staff has enough time to thoroughly clean the rooms and to make sure that our rooms are ready to go for the next guests.

Apopka, Florida, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

great hotel, nice smelling lobby! breakfast ok. the only negative thing the 3 of us didn't like were the little pillows on the bed. altho they give you 4, they are about the size of a large piece of paper, but they were comfortable.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Harry F, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to write us a review, we really appreciate it.

I will pass along your comments to our cleaning staff and I am sure they will be delighted to hear your positive remarks. In regards to the pillows, we are aware that some guests find them too small from what they're used too. In fact we are actually going to be re doing our entire bedding program in the coming month, we hope you visit us soon to experience it for yourself.

We hope to see you back next time you visit Athens!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

I was just here a few days ago and I couldn't be more pleased. Everything in the hotel seemed new, fresh, and clean. My kids enjoined the swimming pool while my wife and I got some shut eye after a long day in the car.

We booked a queen double bed for the night. Our bed was comfortable and we both awoke well rested and ready to take on our day. When we booked our reservation, one of the things we absolutely could not do without was a complimentary breakfast. Given our price range some of the hotels in the area did not offer it, however we were very pleased that the Sleep Inn did. Especially in this economy it's nice to see some hotels still have service in mind, and being able to leave directly from the hotel without needing to stop for food was a life saver in helping us beat traffic.

Overall, our stay was pleasant, the staff were both friendly and helpful and accommodated our needs well. I understand that this is not the Ritz Carlton, but considering the price, the Sleep Inn more than exceeded my expectations.

I will absolutely 100% stay here again the next time I'm in the area.

• Stayed September 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your kind words!

Thanks to faithful customers like yourself, this past quarter, since new management took over, has been one of pure enjoyment. As the quarter draws to a close, we wanted to let you know how much we appreciate your continued patronage.

Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

I booked on short notice, as I was at a wedding reception and didn't plan on drinking as much as I did. But the staff were very friendly and accommodating, and I got a great room for a great price. I ordered room service and the food was fast and tasty. I'd definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: If you like sports, go for football nights!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Harry F, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Thanks for staying with us and for taking the time to review us. I am glad we offered a great value, service and a clean and comfy room and appreciate the kind comments. We are glad you enjoyed the food too! I am glad you were able to enjoy Athens during the wedding and hope to see you on your next visit to Athens!