University of Georgia Center for Continuing Education & Hotel
Ranked #10 of 23 Hotels in Athens
Reviewed March 17, 2013

The rooms are small, and it's extremely noisy. You can hear everything going on in the hallways. The staff was very nice. I had to have them come by twice to get my TV fixed, but they were prompt with the service. It's a great place for a conference with a variety of sizes of meeting rooms.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
UGA_Hotel, Manager at University of Georgia Center for Continuing Education & Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the UGA Hotel and Conference Center. Like many historic hotels, our facility features guest rooms that are part of the original structure and we work diligently to keep all rooms freshly appointed and up-to-date. We also offer larger rooms and suites and hope you will have an opportunity to stay in one of these on a future visit to Athens.

Please accept our apology for any noise issues you may have experienced. We encourage our guests to alert the front desk regarding issues of noise or comfort so that we can address it immediately. We appreciate your feedback and hope you’ll give the UGA Hotel another opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is a converted dorm and with that you get thin walls and noise in the hallways. The rooms are a tad small too, but plenty large enough if you don't have a game of twister or something planned. That aside, the rooms are well furnished and comfortable. Just run the TV while you sleep.

• Stayed: March 2013

Reviewed March 3, 2013

I had an all day Saturday seminar so chose to overnight in Athens rather than rise early to get there on time. This hotel provided me exactly what I needed. It was close to my seminar location, the price was right and all my needs were met. The room was clean and comfortable. I enjoyed dining in the Savannah Restaurant for a quiet meal and felt totally comfortable eating solo. The wait staff was friendly and courteous.

Room Tip: Expect a little human noise coming occasionally from the hotel corridors. The doors aren't the s...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Rate stay at UGA Hotel for Winter 2013 Clerk's Conference. The hotel room and service was excellent! Thoroughly appreciated the shuttle van to do some shopping. The maid did an awesome job keeping the room clean!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the courtyard.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 18, 2013

My previous stay here was very pleasant, so I'm not sure what happened this past weekend. Their website was down and I had to call to make my reservation. Apparently, you can't get as good of a deal over the phone as by internet. The gentlemen I spoke with said he would call me back after checking with his supervisor to see if he could offer me a better rate. He never called. I ended up calling back to make the reservation. I was given the better rate, not knowing that they would not honor the free breakfast advertised on their site. We were given a handicap room, which I thought would be fine as I have stayed in others with no incident. However, the water from the faucet in the bathroom sink ran brown for about 30 seconds on first use. The shower did not work at all except at the ~3 foot height as the handheld wand would not balance up high. The furnace and plumbing was so loud that it woke us every time someone used the plumbing or the furnace came on. We also had a group of young women camped outside our door while we were trying to sleep. We had to call the front office twice before they took their conversations and frivolity inside. I was prepared to discuss these issues upon check-out, but was never asked how my stay was.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Michelin09
UGA_Hotel, Manager at University of Georgia Center for Continuing Education & Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for The UGA Hotel and Conference Center! We value your feedback and appreciate hearing about your stay.

The UGA Hotel and Conference Center team is dedicated to providing an outstanding experience for every guest, and we appreciate your complementary remarks regarding your pleasant experience during your previous stay and sincerely apologize for the less than satisfactory experiences you endured when you return to our hotel.

I have reviewed the parameters of our Weekend Special with our staff to ensure that all team members understand the offer and how to properly communicate this offer to our guests; in addition, I have directed our Maintenance Team to inspect and correct the room deficiencies you experienced.

I’d like to personally invite you to return and experience the true Southern hospitality we are known for and you were able to experience on your first visit with us, so please contact me at 706-542-2134. Thank you again for your review and for visiting The UGA Hotel!

Reviewed February 11, 2013

I have stayed at this property twice and have found the staff to be consistently excellent with the single goal of meeting and exceeding expectations. Both visits I stayed in the Uga Suite (301) and the adjoining room 303. The suite is all Dawg but very tasteful decorated with some very expensive prints/autographs, etc. If you are a GA fan, this is the suite to request.
I learned during the visit guests have access to the Ramsy Center (student fitness facility) located about 1 mile from the hotel. It is 3 floors of fitness areas for the beginner to the advanced.
The hotel is an old dorm which makes for an interesting retro experience to include the loud slamming of doors, TV noise and loud voices in the hall.
The rooms are consistently clean with attention to detail throughout.

Room Tip: Uga Suite is a great!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank 1938Traveler
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Very clean and well kept. Good parking garage at a daily fee. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Haven't used the formal dining room, so can't say about it, but there are good options for a snack or light meal. Room and bathroom on the small side. We could hear some hall noise, and we weren't near the elevator. So I guess the walls/door not well insulated. But overall this is a great place to stay when attending an oncampus conference.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business