University of Georgia Center for Continuing Education & Hotel
Ranked #10 of 23 Hotels in Athens
Reviewed October 6, 2012

The Best Food and Service !!!!!!!!!!!!! Although the rooms are quite small, I was willing to compromise for the cleanliness and excellent service I received. I must have called room service 4 times in a row within 30 minutes and housekeeping would respond within five minutes. Front desk clerks went above and beyond, food service was above and beyond. Will definitely make reservations for near future events.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed October 5, 2012

I've stayed at the UGA Hotel & Conference Center for a professional development program each summer for over 10 years now. Most of the reviews here have focused on the hotel portion, but the conference center is quite nice, as well. Several meeting rooms of varying sizes are available, and dining options include facilities for feeding large groups, either plated service, buffet style, or boxed lunches. Other amenities include an exhibition / refreshment area, conference registration desk, and two auditoriums.

Some of the older hotel rooms do have some issues (size, noise, ventilation), but the newer rooms, and suites, even though higher priced, are value items as well. The staff have always been courteous, and it's nice to see several of the same faces year after year, and to be remembered, as well!

Shuttle service to/from the GA Center is available to many spots around campus, which includes the edge of the downtown area. Free wifi available over the entire conference site to hotel guests.

I hate to recommend the GA Center, because as another reviewer pointed out, I don't want to spoil my "secret" find!

Room Tip: The "classic" rooms are older, smaller, and cheaper, but have what some will find to be &q...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I hate to give this wonderful place a good review, because I'd rather keep it a secret!
If you haven't discovered the UGA Hotel and Conference Center on campus, then shame on you.

The location is the best, the food in the restaurants tastes like a "real" person cooked it rather than getting it from a vat of gruel! I can't begin to list the upsides to this recently rennovated gem located in prime real estate on the campus of UGA.

This is the real deal. Nice, clean room and the service is unparalleled.

One name, David Barrow, the concierge, just stands out. He MADE our trip so easy and worry-free. The man is a professional in every sense of the word.

Our friends with children at UGA had never heard of this hotel, and so we tried it without any recommendations. We felt like we won the lottery!

Book your room NOW!!!

Room Tip: We had two rooms with two queens in each which was a real bonus1
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 29, 2012

The people and service at the UGA hotel were outstanding. The location on campus is handy. However, the room was tiny. I could easily hear a baby crying in a room next door, a person with a hacking cough on the other side, and the talking and music of the clean-up crew in the hallway. To get to outlets, I had to unplug the hair dryer in the bathroom or move furniture in the bedroom. The bath had no exhaust fan, so the mirror stayed foggy after showers.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I am a graduate of UGA and have stayed in Athens many times. I had not, however, stayed at the UGA Hotel until last weekend. At the last minute, my wife and I decided to go to the game and really wanted to stay over for the night. I called the UGA Hotel (on gameday) and Monica (one of the front desk representatives) informed me that it has been sold out for a long time. I told her how important it was as my wife and I had not been to Athens in years. She said she would call me back if she could find anything available (sure she would). A few hours later (and I couldn't believe it), Monica called me back and had located a room. It was so refreshing that she took such a personal interest in my dilemma. That is what true service is all about. When we got to the hotel (as Monica has promised), we had a parking pass and a great room. The atmosphere was very family-friendly and perfect for returning alumni. We had an opportunity to relax, go to the Dawg Walk and then walk to the stadium (short walk). We cannot wait to return soon and bring our kids to join in on the gameday experience.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Savananhblue
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I stayed here a few night while visiting UGA and everything was so nice. The people working here were all so nice and helpful. The room was a bit bare bones but clean and adequate in every way. The beds were very comfortable and the linens and decor very appealing. I would definitely stay here on a return visit to UGA, the location is great and the shuttle is so convenient

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
UGA_Hotel, Manager at University of Georgia Center for Continuing Education & Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your recent stay with the UGA Hotel. We are pleased you found the beds comfortable and linens and décor attractive. We might also add that our guestrooms feature free wireless Internet, mini fridge, microwave, flat screen TV and in-room safe. Thanks for staying with us and we look forward to serving you again in the near future!

Reviewed July 19, 2012

We spent 2 nights at the UGA Hotel visiting my son who is a student there. I booked a larger room with 2 queens and was very impressed. The bathroom was huge, the beds were very comfortable with big pillows and nice linens. The room had a smal fridge and a microwave. It was at the end of a hall and very quiet. The students who work there, from the front desk to the shuttle, were very nice and went out of their way to help us. You can eat at the hotel or the Snellings Dining across the street, although the hotel has better prices! Parking was adjacent to the hotel and cost $10/day. I joined the Parent's Club and will definitely stay there again on my next visit to UGA.

Room Tip: The higher priced rooms are much larger and worth the price.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Thank you so much for staying with us at the UGA Hotel! We appreciate your taking the time to write such a nice review of our accommodations and dining options. We are proud to employ more than 100 awesome UGA students, who bring a special level of service to our customers. In addition, we thanks you for becoming a member of the UGA Hotel Parents Club, which offers you one free night for every five nights you stay with us. Please come again soon and Go Dawgs!