SpringHill Suites Athens
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Luxury Inn(Watkinsville)
View Hotel
All reviewsminute drive to downtownbedroom arearoom layoutenglish muffinsstayed here for nightsgreat hoteloatmealbreakfast buffet istwo queen bedsspent one nightcomfortable roomsthe young ladyin townwould stay here againclean hotelfront desk staffvisiting uga
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I was attending the Masters and could not afford to stay in Augusta. Athens is an hour and half away so I stayed here. This hotel is new and clean. Served breakfast with your stay which was fine...cereal, waffles, bagels, eggs and sausage.

I also enjoyed exploring the downtown area of Athens. This hotel is about 15 minutes from the University of Georgia and downtown.

I would recommend anyone to stay here.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Christopher J, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Athens, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Thank you for choosing us while you attended the Masters. You were not alone, we had many daytrippers to Augusta that week. Next year look for our golf package that will include 18 holes of golf at the UGA golf course!

Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

Ok for those who have never been to Athens there is one thing the natives know is that like all college towns the downtown hotels can get ratty from football fans so its nice to have a very nice clean alternative for hotels.

The staff is very professional and the customer service is excellent from the front desk to the very nice breakfast lady.

I had never stayed in this Marriott brand before. I liked the look and layout but I have to admit I had a "princess and the pea" issue with the beds. One coworker loved the beds so I can not ding them for that since it could be me. Hated the plastic mattress cover and the bed was hard as a brick to me. I would suggest upgrading the mattress covers. Please;)

I liked having lots of shopping close by. There is a Star Bucks, Kroger, and Wal-Mart with in a quick couple minute drive.

Easy access to the 10 loop.

Thanks for a clean easy stay!

• Stayed: May 2013
Christopher J, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Athens, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2013

Thank you for your response.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

My husband and I were participating in a race called the Tough Mudder in Washington, Georgia. The town was small and Athens was the closest larger city with hotel availability. This hotel was great. We would stay here again.

The customer service was terrific. The price of the room was fair. The decor is more modern than the usual hotel chain. Very clean. There was a kitchenette-esque set up with a microwave, sink, and a mini fridge. The bathroom included a shower only and a toilet. The shower was a glass enclosed shower, but large enough for two if you wanted to shower together. There was a large full length mirror right outside the bathroom and there was a sink and nice space for applying makeup and such. The room included a hair dryer, too. The room, due to outside lighting and lighting in the hall, was a little bright for my tastes at night. When traveling, I tend to pack earplugs and an eye mask anyway. Came in handy here.

As for location, it was about 4 minutes away from downtown Athens. Since we were in town for a race, we didn't enjoy all the little bars and pubs in the area, but it was nice to be able to make a short drive to eat. Since we had that 4 minute drive, it kept things quiet at the hotel before race night.

Breakfast in the morning was nice. Oatmeal, eggs and bacon, bagels, waffles, fruit, yogurt, muffins, juices, and coffee. Again, since we were there just for the night, it was great to have breakfast there and hit the road for the race.

If you are an adult looking to stay close to the action, stay inside the loop in downtown Athens or closer to UGA. However, if you are a family, if you are looking for a nice place with a nice rate, if you are just stopping by Athens, this is a great choice.

Again, would recommend this hotel to others and would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: We stayed further down the hall, away from the elevators. I always think this is a good choice when traveling and trying to get better quality sleep.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank holliehobbie
Christopher J, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Athens, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Wow! What a thorough review. We couldn't have said it better ourselves.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

This hotel was nice, clean, and the beds very comfortable. Our room only had a shower, no tub. They had a nice breakfast in the morning but we were told it was served only till 9am, maybe 9:30 sometimes. There is a small fitness room, one elliptical exerciser and two treadmills with tv's on them. There were no restaurants that we were aware of near the hotel but there is a rather large convenience store/gas station close by that you can walk to and get something to eat and bring it back to the hotel. We really liked that this hotel was 100% smoke free and we didn't have to be bothered by tobacco smoke but there was a strong air freshener smell throughout. Anyone with chemical/ fragrance sensitivities may have a problem with this, as we did. The smell is all over the hotel, much stronger in some places than others such as in the elevators and the fitness room. I tried working out on the treadmill for a while but the perfumey odor was too powerful and I had to go outside to get some fresh air. We only stayed for one night and would not stay at this hotel again because of this.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

We apologize for the inconvenience. We have reviewed when and where we apply our fresheners and how often. We hope our changes meet all our future guest's satisfaction.

Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

Great hotel. 5 miles from downtown but quick easy drive. Very Clean. Staff friendly. Gave it 4 only because it's not downtown, if that's what you are looking for in hotel. I plan to stay there on every trip to Athens.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank DidITellYouThis

We concure. Once you stay with us, you will find the area easy to navigate and nothing is too far from our quiet locale.