“Wonderful”

Hotel Indigo Athens-University area
Ranked #4 of 23 Hotels in Athens
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed August 28, 2010

I recently stayed for two days with my chocolate lab. It was perfect, very welcoming and helpful staff, walking distance to everything yet a few safe blocks from the congestion and chaos of Clayton St. Quiet, lovely, clean. The lobby and outside patio were perfect for me and Beau. The staff went out of their way to help me get to where I needed to be on time. I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
HotelIndigoAthens, Management Representative at Hotel Indigo Athens-University area, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2011

Thank you for your kind review of Hotel Indigo-Athens! The fact that you enjoyed your stay with us brings us much pride and hope that we can continue serving guests like you for years to come. We hope you will come visit us again very soon!

Reviewed August 13, 2010

Absolutely loved this hotel. After a stressful mishap with our rental car in Atlanta, we anticipated being 2 hours late for our check in. I called the hotel to let them know, and when we arrived after 10 pm, the clerk remembered me and saw how stressed out and tired we were and gave us a $15 breakfast credit. When we inquired about street parking (we didn't want to pay for parking), he said he would comp us parking also. All with such warm hospitality - it was great to feel like something went right with the day!

The rooms were gorgeous - I felt like I was in a spa and wished I had more time to spend in the room. Very relaxing atmosphere, and the rooms were huge! Only minor issue is that it took about 5 min for the water in the shower to heat up, but the presence of bath robes made up for it (I am a sucker for bathrobes in hotels!) Bed was very comfy.

Breakfast continued the great experience. This was a sit down table-service breakfast with many healthful and tasty selections. The food was very fresh and made to order. I got the frittata which didn't have any added salt (loved it after having eaten oversalted food for the several days I was in Atlanta prior). My business companion got oatmeal and it came beautifully presented with fruit and nuts. Coffee was strong and freshly brewed. With our $15 credit we only spent $2 (plus tip) - such a great deal for the breakfast.

I cannot rave about this hotel enough. It was an especially excellent value given that they have a government per diem rate (I work for govt). I wish there were one in every city I visit from now on.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business

Words cannot express how much your review means to us. It brings us much joy to know that you so throughly enjoyed your experience at Hotel Indigo-Athens. We pride ourselves on having a staff full of accommodating and compassionate individuals who care about our guests. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay, even the breakfast! We hope you will visit us again very soon! Thanks for choosing Hotel Indigo-Athens!

Reviewed August 10, 2010

We had two adjoining Q bed rooms and 1 K bedroom on the Penthouse floor. It was wonderful. The decor was great and the local art and furnishings were beautiful. The bedding was very comfy and the rooms were well appointed with flat screen TV, blackout drapes on a huge window, very nice desk chair, good lighting and wonderful Aveda bath products. Penthouse floor got free coffee in the morning in the hall near the elevators. We would definitely stay there again and loved the green aspect of the hotel!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review for Hotel Indigo-Athens! We are beyond happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! Free coffee from local roaster, Jittery Joes, is provided in every room to make our guests' stay even more enjoyable. Thank you for choosing Hotel Indigo-Athens. We hope you visit again soon!

Reviewed July 22, 2010

We stayed here one night while doing UGA orientation. No dorm room for us.

The hotel is a couple of short blocks from the main downtown Athens area. We were very impressed with the way the room was set up, and the commons area. Everything looked very modern, sleek and functional. The bed was very comfortable and there is free wifi in the room. The only negative was parking. They charged $10 a night for parking in Athens! They should really offer it for free. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple

We are happy to hear that you were pleased with your experience at Hotel Indigo-Athens! Thanks for choosing us as your hotel of choice during such a huge part of your child's life. We apologize for your dissatisfaction with the parking fee, but are happy to hear that you enjoyed the rest of your stay. We hope you visit Hotel Indigo-Athens again very soon!

Reviewed July 8, 2010

This has got to be the best hotel in Athens. If you are into being 'green', this place is for you. Not like most hotels you've been to.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business

Thank you for your review of Hotel Indigo-Athens! We are very happy you were pleased with your stay. We hope you visit us again very soon!

Reviewed July 2, 2010

We stayed here for one night. The room was wonderful. Very spacious. Beautiful decor! I really enjoyed the spacious bathroom. The staff was very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your positive review of Hotel Indigo-Athens! We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay! We hope you visit us again very soon!

Reviewed June 26, 2010

The PHI Bar was great. The Rialto room was even better though I just stuck my head in and looked around. The rooms were very well appointed. Te hotel struck me as very hip for Athens (sorry Athens), but still managed to be cozy and charming.

I wouldn't or won't stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business

We are so happy to hear that you won't stay anywhere besides Hotel Indigo-Athens when in Athens, Georgia! Thank you for your kind review! We hope you visit again very soon!