“Great Hotel”

GreenLeadersGold level
Belton, Texas
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

Location is great; we could just about walk to all the places we wanted to visit. Staff were excellent and very courteous. We had a great time while there. Lots of places to eat very close by but the food prepared and served at Hotel Indigo was also excellent.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
barryrutherford, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Athens-University area, responded to this review, July 26, 2014
Dear Ronnie W,

Thanks for coming to Athens and writing such a nice review on our hotel and staff. It was a pleasure having you stay with us and I'm pleased we were able to meet and exceed your expectations. Our staff strives to provide excellent guest service in a relaxing environment for our guests. Please come see us again soon.

Barry Rutherford

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Fort Myers Fl
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

Best of services. Staff and GM fabulous. Loved the ambience. A very welcoming place to stay away from home. Tremendous experience , and one in which we will experience again. The outstanding use of natural materials, such as old discarded wood from some old factories in the Athens area and which were incorporated into the overall decor was a super way to utilize the environmental aspects of the entire hotel. The use of concrete as insulation is an ingenious idea. Although not beautiful, very functional and adds to the energy savings and strong structure of the hotel as well.We thought the use of one's room key to save energy as one leaves the room was a great idea to save energy.
The Rialto room was very functional for our uses. Had all the amenities needed. It is a great venue for private parties, etc.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Penthouse, and loved it.
Dear C Hall,

Always great to hear from you and to have you stay with us. Thanks so much for the nice review of our hotel and staff. It was out pleasure to serve you. We hope to hear from you very soon about a return visit to Athens and to Hotel Indigo.

Managing Partner
Atlanta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

Austin at the front desk is unbelievable. He accommodated each one of my strange work related requests & went above & beyond to assure I was satisfied with my stay. This is hands down the best hotel in Athens & I was able to appreciate & enjoy the experience thanks to his help:)

• Stayed July 2014
barryrutherford, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Athens-University area, responded to this review, July 12, 2014
Dear Dollywat,

Thank you for your recent review and also staying with us at Hotel Indigo-Athens. I appreciate your comments about Austin which I have passed along. So glad you chose to spend your time in Athens with us, and if there is anything we can do for you in the future please let one of our staff members know.

Regards,

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

We've stayed here several times and loved it. Beautiful modern hotel concept. LEED award hotel for sustainable design. Nice lobby bar. Easy walk to dining, nightlife, Georgia Theater, Civic Center events. Great value through Hotels.com if you can guess the hotel. Our favorite destination in Athens.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear NAB3ATL,

You're extremely kind to complete the TripAdvisor review on our hotel in downtown Athens. We strive to be PERFECT as you say in everyone we serve. We hope you have an opportunity to return to Athens and stay with us yet again. Thank you and enjoy your week.

Garden City, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Indigo over the 4th of July weekend and we are so glad we stayed then. Since the students are out of classes and from what I was told allot of people head to Atlanta the hotel was nice and quiet which is how we like it. The hotel is a boutique type so there is exposed concrete, lots of wood and large murals on the walls. The Madison Bistro served a wonderful Shrimp and Grits and the bar tender and server we pleasant and informative regarding places to eat around Athens. The room we stayed in had a wonderfully comfortable bed and sheets but be aware that the ceiling is exposed concrete, when I first saw the ceiling I thought maybe they forgot to paint but then I realized it just fit into the boutique style. They are energy efficient so you need to place your key card into the slot by the door or the lights in the bathroom won't work, also I don't think I ever heard such a loud flushing toilet but once you hear it a few times you get used to it. All in all a great place to stay.

Room Tip: There is no pool on site
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear TCobb,

What a nice review. Thank you so much for those wonderful comments on our hotel and staff. It's absolutely critical to our staff that they hear from guests like you, that provides them with reward for doing all they can for our guests, so thank you so much for that. We appreciate you recognizing some of the unique features of our hotel that make us so different from any other hotel in town. Please tell your friends, and come again.

Newport Beach, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2014

There is no better way to describe this hotel than completely and totally awesome . The outside of the hotel is really unique. It looks like a hybrid between an old barn and an ultra-modern building. Once you walk inside, though, the atmosphere is nothing but chic and modern. The furniture and decor in the lobby is hip yet understated, mixing chunky, grass green area rugs with sleek, minimalistic furniture. Everything feels fresh and clean, and free of clutter. A good place to plug in your laptop and get some work done using their free WiFi. The staff that greeted me was friendly and welcoming, and made sure that I had everything I needed. The managing partner, Barry Rutherford, was incredibly kind and treated us with the Southern hospitality that Georgia is famous for. Shorty after my arrival, I made a visit to the bar and mingled with other travelers. I ordered a beer from the local brewery, and chose Shrimp and Grits for dinner. Everything was impeccably good. When I entered my hotel room, I was blown away. The rooms at Hotel Indigo remind me of the luxury boutique hotels I have stayed at in Paris, Los Angeles and New York, except they are available at a fraction of the cost. Not to mention everything was spotless and I slept like a baby in the cool AC and the super-comfortable bed. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. It's an amazing deal and an experience you will be grateful for. Thank you Hotel Indigo!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear Anna,

What an absolute wonderful review. Thank you for doing so. All of the staff at Hotel Indigo were made aware of your journey and we did all we could to make sure you had a pleasant stay. You INSPIRED all of us with your RUN from Venice, CA to NYC. We are all following your progress and keeping it on a board in the sales office. Good luck to you and thank you for what you're doing for our many veterans.

Regards,
Pikeville, Kentucky, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2014

Our golf group stayed at the Hotel Indigo for 6 nights in June, 2014. There was an exercise room, but no pool. Parking was limited and room key access kept it available only to guests of the hotel. It was tough to find a parking place around happy hour so I'm not positive that guests were the only ones given access. There is a bar/restaurant adjacent to the lobby and it offered a limited menu. Breakfast was not included in the price of the room. The hotel decor was basic concrete. The rooms had european furnishings such as dressers with baskets rather than drawers. The lights in the bathroom would not turn on without a room key card placed in a slot near the entryway door. The bathroom was nice, with only a shower. It is a green, eco-friendly hotel and there are several reminders to have you help them conserve energy and save them money. It seemed odd to me that they charge a premium price and ask you to help them save money at every turn. The bed was very comfortable and overall the room was pleasant. The service was not up to par for the upscale atmosphere they attempt to create. Several days they did not replace the shampoo,soap, coffee, tea bags, etc. used the day before. Housekeeping did not show up until 3:00 pm or later, and they did very little while there. If you requested, they were willing to provide things consumed before their arrival, but if you didn't ask, the odds of having items replaced were slim.

Dear Chuck W,

WOW what a nice review of Hotel Indigo-Athens. You were so kind to make so many mentions of the amenities, architecture and design features that we put into our hotel. If you return to Athens soon, please reach out to me so I can take good care of you. Again, thank you.