“Terrible stay”

GreenLeadersGold level
Alexandria, Virginia
“Terrible stay”
Reviewed February 24, 2014

- Room wasn't ready on time.
- Short in the lamp in the room.
- Mold and mildew in the shower.
- Reserved a room with two queen beds - received two double beds.
- Forced to pay additional fee for parking.
- Front desk unresponsive.

Room Tip: Pick another hotel.
2 Thank CzSteve
HotelIndigoAthens, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Athens-University area, responded to this review, March 2, 2014
Dear CVSteve,

I'd like to personally say that I apologize for your recent issues during your stay at Hotel Indigo-Athens, and that I'm taking responsibility for each of the issues you mention. These WILL be corrected and we will ensure that guests in the future will not have similar issues. Thank you for bringing these to my attention. Please provide us a second chance on your next visit to Athens. Send me an email at barryrutherford@gmail.com and I'll make sure to take care of you.

Barry Rutherford

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Reviewed February 22, 2014

We have stayed here 4 times. The staff is always friendly. Hotel is clean. Rooms can be noisy. Toilets flush very loudly. Last visit, housekeeping seemed preoccupied. They did not replenish the coffee and mugs. Also, during turndown they forgot to take dirty linens and replenish. I think it is a good option for Athens. They do charge a ten dollar fee for parking each night.The bar is a fun gathering place and as I mentioned in the beginning the staff is always friendly.

1 Thank Tonya P
barryrutherford, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Athens-University area, responded to this review, February 23, 2014
Dear Tonya P,

Thank you for your comments on our STAFF at Hotel Indigo-Athens and how friendly they are to our guests. We appreciate you staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again in Athens soon.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

As a frequent business traveler, I usually stay at Hilton brand hotels to accumulate points, but this time I just wanted to try something different. So upon researching TripAdvisor, I noticed that this hotel was highly rated. I agree with many of the reviews...it was beautiful upon arrival, upon entrance into the lobby, upon entry into the hallway off of the elevator, even entry into the room was nice. I couldn't be more pleased....until I went to the bathroom. At first glance, all was well, until I lifted the toilet seat. There were small remnants of a past #2 left in the toilet. Well, you must understand, as a frequent traveler, I try to ensure a little extra cleanliness by traveling with my lysol disinfectant spray and wipes. I might have ignored it, but I knew that the toilet must have been flushed only not cleaned after the last visitors. Then I also noticed dried urine stains on the seat, so I decided to make the front desk aware. The young lady didn't immediately apologize, she simply stated that she could send housekeeping or give me another room. I opted for another room, because at this point I'm paranoid that none of the room was actually "cleaned". I even ignored how dark with dirt the bottom of the walk in shower looked. But upon staying in another city the next night with a similar layout and a walk in shower, I KNEW it was dirty. Anyhoo, as I opted for another room, she then told me that the only problem with that was that they didn't have another clean room because housekeeping was behind. (Why did she give me that option?) So instead of making a fuss, I stated that I had to attend a business meeting in a few minutes, but that I would stay away as long as was needed to make sure my room was fully cleaned (hoping she'd catch the hint). She THEN apologized about it. When I returned to the room about 2 hours later, just as I thought...they flushed the toilet. How do I know...dried stain still on seat....oh boy...Clorox Wipes don't fail me now. Lysol Disinfectant Spray, be on my side. Aside from this issue, and yeah...cleanliness is a bit of a big deal to me although you never know what you're gonna get while traveling, it would have been a 5 rating.

Room Tip: Rooms have nice hardwood floors, so slippers are a good to bring!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank L D
Dear LD,

Thank you for your comments on our hotel. We look forward to seeing you in Athens again soon.

Clarkesville, Georgia
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Had a wonderful stay and meal. Everything excellent, with exception to the night time inside noise. The door has a 1" gap at the bottom and I think this leads to hearing everyone walking down the hall. I was woken up several times just by people walking by having a conversation, getting ice and knocking. I have never stayed anywhere where this was an issue. We stayed at PH level and the rooms were beautiful, customer service very good (needed better confirmation of reservation though - seemed very hard to get by email). Overall would stay there again, but possibly stuff a few towels in that gap under the door.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear LAClarkesville,

Thank you for your comments on your recent stay with us at Hotel Indigo-Athens. I apologize for the issues you encountered with noise. Our hardwood floors in the rooms(one of our unique features that guests love) sometimes allow for noise to transfer from the hallway to the guest rooms. Based on your comments, I am looking into a door extension that will cover that gap- so thank you for your input. On your next visit to Athens, please feel free to email me ahead of time at barryrutherford@gmail.com and I'll make sure to take care of you.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at the hotel: spacious room, very clean, friendly staff and convenient to the downtown scene but not right on the main street so a little quieter. We liked the funky/modern vibe. This is not a luxury hotel, but one of the nicest in Athens. We will definitely go back. (didn't see any bathrobes though . . .?)

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
barryrutherford, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Athens-University area, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Dear BFD Atlanta,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about Hotel Indigo-Athens. We strive very hard to make everyone's stay here very refreshing and rejuvenating. We are so glad you rank us at the top of the chart among hotels in Athens. We look forward to having you join us again the next time you are in Athens.

Hotel Indigo-Athens
Reviewed February 8, 2014

We recently stayed at Hotel Indigo for a concert at the Georgia Theatre. Great location for anything you want to do in downtown Athens. We had one small issue at check in and they addressed it very quickly. Everyone from the front desk to the cleaners were super nice. If you get a chance look at the interactive TV that's in the lobby. I like how the rooms were set up & that the hotel makes every effort to recycle. My main issue is that the walls are VERY thin. We could hear people walking down the hall constantly. You can also hear peoples conversations when you are walking down the hall as well. Overall I would give them an B+ We would stay there again for sure.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Carolinaflyaway,

Thank you for telling us about your recent stay and the comments about how nice our hotel is. We apologize for the minor glitch at check-in, and hope the rest of your stay was fine. When you return next to Athens, please reach out to me via email at barryrutherford@gmail.com and if we have a suite, I'll be more than happy to upgrade you.

Gent
Reviewed February 4, 2014

The hotel has a very modern look outside, special to say the least. On the inside and in the rooms it's minimalistic, modern Scandinavian style with lots of bright coloured touches. Airy rooms and bathrooms full of light with daily replenished AVEDA amenties, plenty of plush towels and bathrobes. The shower is a little tricky to get the temperature right and not overwhelming in amount of water, but it's OK.

In the bar Maria A. served a breakfast menu at the table with plenty of warm and cold options, fresh orange juice and very good capuccino. All with a big and friendly smile !

The room was very well cleaned the first night and on the third night housekeeping even forgot BUT Nora at the reception desk had this corrected in no time.

I stayed here for 4 days during a course that I attended at UGA, but will certainly come back here next time that I pass by in Athens, even if it's only for one night.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the penthouse level, they have the best views and are absolutely quiet.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear Angelo,

We appreciate you taking time to comment on your recent stay here in Athens at Hotel Indigo. Also, thanks so much for identifying several of our employees, that means so much to us. We hope upon future trips to Athens, we will continue to be your choice in lodging.