“Just like the 60s” 4 of 5 bubbles

The Varsity Athens
Ranked #55 of 410 Restaurants in Athens
Cuisines: American, Fast Food
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Television, Wheelchair Accessible
Cornelia, Georgia
“Just like the 60s”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

We stopped by for lunch following a recent trip to Athens. The same flavors, odors and surroundings as I remembered from my college days. I will definitelly visit again for the wonderful chilli dogs, orange shakes, fries and onion rings. Don't expect fine dining: just a great old corner hot dog and burger joint on a reasonable budget. .

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank MissDixieDelight

Wilmington
“New tradition”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013

I have been away for a while and brought my family when we visited UGA. The food is still great. Now everyone knows what I mean when I say 'What'll ya have'. Hotdogs, burgers and onion rings are still the best. Don't forget to have an orange drink.

• Visited April 2013
BRISTOL
“Great hot dogs”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

I can never get into the original Varsity in Atlanta so I jumped at the chance to try the one in Athens. Best hot dogs I've ever tasted. You will love it

Visited October 2013
Orlando, Florida, United States
“Good Food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Food is great.I recomended this place, if you want to eat the best hot dog in town. The other food they sell as well are very good.

• Visited July 2013
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“It's tradition and a habit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

I graduated from the University. I've been eating here, or the downtown location that closed a long time ago, since 1967. I've been eating at the Varsity in Atlanta since at least 1963, yes I'm old. Great memories here. I usually get 2 burgers onion rings and 2 NIPCs, no ice pure chocolate, their own chocolate milk. Every once in a while I'll get the chili dogs.

Visited September 2013

Been to The Varsity Athens? Share your experiences!