Tripadvisor
Athens
All reviews classic center rooftop bar great location parking deck within walking distance staff was friendly modern hotel conference center guest rooms rooms are large wedding weekend business trip place to stay sitting area excellent stay free breakfast excellent hotel
Selected filters
Reviewed January 20, 2020

Excellent service, the staff was very helpful and friendly. The rooms and common areas were very clean, and breakfast was delicious. My overall experience was excellent and I would definitely recommend this place to anyone going to Athens.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
JakeG1213, Manager at Hyatt Place Athens Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear mlopezluciano,
Thank you for choosing Hyatt Place Athens for your recent stay. I will be happy to share with our staff how you found us to be very helpful and friendly. Our team takes great pride in cleanliness, and we are not surprised you found us to be so. Our guests love our breakfast presentation, and our World of Hyatt members especially love it as it is included with their stay.

We greatly appreciate you sharing with others about your experience with us as wells as the emphatic recommendation to others. We hope that your travels find you back in the Athens areas sooner than later.

Reviewed January 19, 2020

The Hyatt Place is located in a very good location, near restaurants, shops and the conference center. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. I encourage visitors to join their loyalty program for not only the points, but an excellent complimentary breakfast.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
JakeG1213, Manager at Hyatt Place Athens Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2020

Dear Shauwancarter,
Thank you for choosing Hyatt Place Athens for you recent stay. We love that you enjoyed your experience with us. Like most guests, you've found our location to be convenient, our staff friendly, and value in the benefits to a World of Hyatt membership.

Thank you for sharing and for your loyalty. We hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed January 16, 2020

hotel is clean, conveniently located and staff is very friendly. my issue is with Angela Smith, the general manager. I had an issue with online reservations (I won't get into it) so I left a voicemail for her. she never called me back. I went to Hyatt corporate with my problem. not only did they fix it for me but they told me that they hadn't been able to talk to Ms. Smith because she "wasn't taking calls". IMO, that is no way to run a hotel.

Date of stay: January 2020
JakeG1213, Manager at Hyatt Place Athens Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2020

Dear kopykat,
Thank you for choosing Hyatt Place Athens for you recent stay. We appreciate you sharing about our cleanliness, convenient location, and very friendly staff.

Without knowing any specifics, I can personally attest that our General Manger is in constant contact with guests and routinely takes calls when Hyatt Corporate may call property. We are glad you were able to find resolve for your issue with your online reservation, and hate there was a any breakdown in communication. We appreciate and respect your perspective and experience. If we may be of any further assistance, the pleasure would be ours to speak with you.

Reviewed January 11, 2020

My fiance and I stayed at the hotel for NYE this past year. Understandably there's a lot of noise, but the hotel staff never did anything to settle down the frat party on our floor. We called at 2am to let the staff know about the excessive noise, and they said they'd send a security guard to check on things. That helped for maybe 10 minutes, but the noise continued until well into 4-5am. We finally got to sleep at 6am, was never informed about breakfast being complimentary for Hyatt members, and was never asked about the previous night at check-out. It would have been nice to feel like we were valued members. I almost abandoned our stay to find somewhere else. We will never be returning to this hotel again next time we come to Athens. Terrible service.

Date of stay: December 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
JakeG1213, Manager at Hyatt Place Athens Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2020

Dear scottkatl,
Thank you for choosing Hyatt Place Athens for your recent New Year's Eve stay. While not to discount your experience, I can assure you this is very atypical to most all of our guest's reviews from this same special event evening. For the record, our on-site security did routine sweeps of all guest corridors and did not determine any increased volumes after our initial encounter with the neighboring guest. That said, we will be investigating this further as we're now aware of this continued issue that evening.

It is routine practice to remind our World of Hyatt members of their own on-site benefits (including a complimentary breakfast offering) upon arrival, and I am baffled as to how we missed this with your own registration. Please accept our apology for not reminding you all. In review of your reservation history, I am pleased to see we were able to provide a complimentary room upgrade to you at registration from a standard to a view room. While it is no equitable to overnight sleep, it also seems we able to accommodate a later checkout for you guys.

While it seems we missed the mark on several areas of your stay, we genuinely appreciate your feedback regarding your experience with us, and we respect your decision to choose another accommodation for future Athens stays. However, if anything were to change from your perspective, we would love the opportunity for you to experience what 99% of our guests do in a more true Hyatt Place Athens experience. Thank you for your loyalty to Hyatt; we wish you all the best in this new year!

Safe travels,

Reviewed January 6, 2020

Great hotel, Great service, great location. Very clean, Breakfast was excellent. Parking was very easy. One objection is a parking fee I was charged. As a globalist I shouldn't be charged for parking. Very close to restaurants and the UGA campus

• Trip type: Traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
JakeG1213, Manager at Hyatt Place Athens Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2020

Dear markfriedlich,
Thank you for choosing Hyatt Place Athens for your recent stay. We appreciate the accolades in terms of our guest service, location, cleanliness, excellent breakfast, and ease of parking.

We are a franchised property and our parking deck is private and dedicated to exclusively to hotel operations, however it is not hotel-owned. As a Globalist, you do get to enjoy the member benefit of free parking on free night award stays only. In the case of your most recent stay with us, this was not a freed night award stay.

Thank you for sharing and for your loyalty to Hyatt. If your travels find you back in the Athens area, the pleasure would be ours to have you back.