“Footbal Game” 5 of 5 bubbles

56 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Footbal Game”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

We loved the stadium. We have been to see games here on numerous occasions. We have sat in the lower stands, under the stands in the shade.
We have also sat in the box. The view was excellent and it was a very enjoyable experience.

Visited October 2012
3 Thank AshithPatel

San Francisco, CA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Just a big open pit with a dirt floor”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

Okay, I thought this was something fancy. I looked forward to going there and seeing something special. Well, you know what it is? It's just a big open pit with a dirt floor. I mean, they grew some grass there, but so what? Every park I've ever been to has some grass!

Where's the roof? There's no roof. It's open and if it rains you get wet. If the wind blows it blows you.

I am very disappointed with this. I expected something more than this. They brag about some bushes there, too, but bushes grow in the wild. Bushes grow in gullies along the side of the road. I mean, big deal.

The claim they have some facilities, but I had to climb over a fence to see what I saw, and the bathrooms were locked. It's not really what I'd call hospitable. Heck, I had to pee in some of the bushes.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank BigRick48
Athens, Georgia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“There's nothing like a fall Saturday between the hedges!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

For the sake of transparency, I have to say up front that this review is completely biased. I grew up in Athens, and I've spent countless fall Saturdays in Sanford Stadium cheering on my beloved Georgia Bulldogs. Sanford Stadium is one of the top ten largest football stadiums in the US. UGA football is steeped in tradition, as are many programs throughout the SEC. I've had the opportunity to take guests to their first Georgia football game on many occasions--some were from out of state, some were from other countries, but they all thoroughly enjoyed the experience. I've seen some reviews rate the food as mediocre, but honestly, if you're there for the food, you're there for the wrong reason. There are many excellent restaurants in downtown Athens if you're looking for a good meal. If, however, you're looking for a great football game with lots of deep-rooted tradition, Sanford Stadium is the place to be. And just a warning: if it's a big rivalry game, expect it to be rowdy...the Bulldog Nation prides itself on being loud and obnoxious, though as good southerners we do try to be polite. Unless you're a Gator fan ;)

Visited November 2012
2 Thank DawgFan77
Quezon City, Philippines
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Huge”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

Overwhelmed by its size and the peculiar hedges at the sides of the pitch, interesting and unique, it is situated inside the campus of UGA with a big G and the Bulldog's home.

Visited June 2013
2 Thank glennroymd
COLUMBUS
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Aleways exceptional”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

The atmosphere here is second to none in the nation. ANYONE who has the chance to go to Sanford Stadium for an event should make a real effort to do so.

Visited September 2012