“We stay here at least once a year for a conference”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Athens
Ranked #7 of 23 Hotels in Athens
Reviewed May 17, 2013

We stay here at least once a year when we have a conference in Athens. It is not directly on the main road so you don't have a lot of traffic noise in your room. There is no view to speak of out of any of the rooms - so don't come prepared to enjoy what it out of your window. The rooms are always clean and fresh. The lobby and main areas are large and airy. I love the atrium. The continental breakfast is just that - fruit, cereal, bagels, coffee, juice, biscuits...but it's always kept stocked and clean. The staff from housekeeping to front desk to management are always happy to assist you and greet you with a smile. This is my favorite chain of hotels and this is one of my favorite locations.

Room Tip: If you can get a corner room it seems to be bigger and you don't hear noise from the atrium as m...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
ZachNeff, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Athens, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Thank you for your thorough review of our property! We enjoy welcoming our conference guests and we will work hard to continue to earn your business each and every year that you stay with us! Our "Be Our Guest Breakfast" is a complementary full hot breakfast that we serve to our guests every day and we are pleased to hear that you have been able to take advantage of it during your stay. Thank you for your business.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

Stayed in a queen suite for UGA graduation weekend. I had stayed here 4 years ago when my son first went to college and I have to say how impressed I was that the room and hotel still looked brand new. The room was immaculately clean as was the rest of the property. The beds were extremely comfortable. Central air which in my opinion is a big bonus because I don't like the side window units that blow on top of you all night. Plenty of room with refrigerator and microwave if needed. Breakfast buffet better than average with attentive service by the hosts. Also, convenient location-near shopping, restaurants but also close to UGA and downtown. Great value as well! Highly recommend!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Country Inn A, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Athens, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2014

Thank you for the response 5 Circles is an honor!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stayed at the Country Inn & Suites during the week of May 1st. It is a very nice hotel but lacks in comfortability. The room was nice with two double beds and a nice bathroom. The mattresses were not comfortable which caused some loss of sleep.
The breakfast was not as good as many other hotels we have stayed at for the price we paid for the room.

Room Tip: We would not stay at this hotel again.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

We have made many improvement in the breakfast area please come try us agian next time you are in town!

Reviewed April 27, 2013

I stayed at this hotel last night with my Mom and twin girls because a family member is in a nearby hospital. I was pleasantly surprised by the decor and cleanliness of the hotel lobby and rooms. I was even more impressed with the friendliness of the front desk staff and especially Melissa in the restauraqnt area who did a great job making us feel at home during breakfast. They also did some realy nice things for other guests with family members in the same hospital. They went above and beyond to make sure everyone was comfortable and well taken care of, My Mom is staying for an extended period of time and I am happy to know that she is in good hands.

Room Tip: Choose 4th floor - very quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Thank You so much for the review. We like seeing those 5 Circles always good on the eyes!! :)

Reviewed April 25, 2013

The staff of this hotel treated me with such kindness. Zach, Chris, Omar and Jan went out of their way to make me feel comfortable during a very stressful time in my life. My
room is very spacious, clean and quiet. The hotel is conveniently located to the major hospitals in the area. There also are restaurants, shopping and Fresh Produce right by the hotel. I chose this hotel just based on my previous stay at a Country Inn in Florida. I feel safe and secure which is a wonderful plus. Thanks to all for going over and beyond the expected to make me feel at home.

Room Tip: The rooms tucked in the corners (not open to the atrium) are extremely quiet. I prefer the top floo...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Melissa R

Tip of the hat and a nod of the head to you good Sir!

Reviewed April 23, 2013

We stayed one night at the Country Inn and Suites in Athens, GA. We really love the one in Port Canaveral, FL so we thought we'd like this one as well. The hotel and the room were clean. The room we had was large with plenty of room. The whole place was very elegant. I'm still a fan but there were just a couple of things that weren't up to par as far as we were concerned. First, the breakfast was not at all what was advertised on the website, nor was it what they serve at the one in Port Canaveral. We were disappointed that they didn't have gravy, omelets, or bacon, as advertised. The eggs were cold and the biscuits were hard and cold. The fruit was limited to strawberries and cantaloupe. While the room we had, (4th floor, back corner) was large and clean, it was noisy. We could here the television and people talking in the room next to us and we could hear the sounds from the street. I guess you can't help that. But we did think it should've been a lot quieter from within the hotel itself. It was listed on TripAdvisor as the #1 rated hotel in Athens, so I guess things could've been worse. :)
All in all, not a bad hotel for the price.

Room Tip: The back corner room, #424, is large and roomy!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Thank You for the review we look forward to having these issues addressed before your next arrival.

Brian Cotter

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Dra Cunnigham had excellent service. He was very professional and friendly. He made my stay a lot nore fun. I felt if I has any problems he would be sure to take care of it. He guided me to the right places. When I needed to buy something or make some coffe he made sure I had everything I needed.

• Stayed: March 2013

Thank You for the perfect review and we look forward to your return.