“Good breakfast”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed April 16, 2012

Five-star day mostly offers versions of soul food. I've only eaten here for breakfast, and I've never been disappointed. Their biscuits and gravy are delicious. They have some really amazing gravy. The Elvis breakfast (peanut butter and banana french toast sandwich) is also really good.

Reviewed April 13, 2012

Just like momma used to make. Good food, decent price, I've enjoyed each meal.

Reviewed April 11, 2012

We only went here for breakfast but its obvious these guys are whipping up some awesomely fresh and homemade food in a funky little place. I wished we had found this the night before so we could have had the full meal but the my wife and kids loved this too. I wish I had a place like this in my neighborhood.

Reviewed March 17, 2012

Everything is great! Definitely love the Trinity of Soul, fried green tomatoes and cornbread. Good value and a very popular place in Athens! I went here often when I was getting my master's at UGA. I was back to Athens with my husband for a wedding and took him there for his first "soul food" experience. He loved it!

Reviewed February 18, 2012

Ive eaten here for almost 8 years and the food has always been great. The service can vary, sometimes really nice "unique" people or the same "uniqueness + attitude". Fortunately it's a quick serve, and your interaction w them is limited. Food is fantastic, fried green tomatoes a must, Carolina BBQ and meatloaf will have you coming back for years.