“Construction! But Rand made it good!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Trujillo
Banana Beach Resort
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Trujillo
Reviewed March 22, 2012

Just returned from a 6 night stay. Had a great time!!! My husband and I have been building a house over the last year which was suppose to be done by now but isn't. Need less to say we booked with another couple both casas many months ago for a much needed vacation. We were so excited to learn they had even built us a pool a few months back. Well, not really for just us. Anyways, when we drove up to see condo construction in full force happening, we were quite shocked to say the least. Oh well, we decided we weren't going to let it stop us from having a good time. But after being woke up at the crack of dawn, with construction workers all around us, dump trucks shaking the house unloading material etc. I wasn't a happy camper at breakfast the first morning. We had already decided our mission for the day was to go find some place else to stay. Rand asked at breakfast if we had been bothered by the construction and we all shook our heads Yes. I explained our construction nightmare over the last year and he said what do I need to do to make this right. We all agreed if construction would not start before 9am all would be good. He said "DONE" BBR is a happening place. Visited by lots of locals for the good food, bar, and of course the pool. We had the place to ourselves a couple of days and the other days had to share it with many others. Yergen the chef never disappointed us. He's a great cook. He even fixed us a special shrimp dinner and his Grandma's secret dessert recipe our last night. Delicious! Flor who is the 2nd shift server took great care of us and has an infectious smile. Jenna is as cute as can be, and arranges what ever it is you want to do. Including Texas Hold Pocker night if you wish. We had a great time there, and the Trujillo bay is amazing gorgeous. Thanks Rand, Yergen, Jenna, Flor and the rest of BBR staff for wonderful time and one we won't forget.

Room Tip: The yellow house has better views.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed March 13, 2012

We stayed at Banana Beach Resort in March 2012. The large round cabañas are very large, very comfortable and beautifully designed. The bedrooms have a lovely view of the sea and a gentle breeze lulls the guests to sleep. Guests can relax in the hammocks on the cabaña's large screened in porch listening to the sounds of the waves. The private beach is lovely. The views of the lush mountains on one side and sea on the other are just spectacular. The restaurant offers quite a diverse menu for such a small place and the food is delicious. Rand, Jenna and Jurgen are exceptionally friendly and go out of their way to make their guests’ stay special. The new pool is just amazing, especially for kids, complete with a huge water slide. I would highly recommend Banana Beach for couples of all ages, and families of 3 or 4.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 29, 2012

We had the most wonderful holiday experience you could ask for and more at Banana Beach Resort. we travelled to Trujillo to look at some property- this is the perfect place to stay.You are welcomed the moment you get there. Rand, Jenna and Jurgen made us feel like part of their family. We had such a great time! Jurgen is an excellent cook , and we enjoyed great meals. We spent many hours out on the beautiful beach . Rest and relaxation comes easy. The accomodations were very nice, a full sized cabana with 2 bedrooms , a kitchen and lovely sun room, all kept very clean.
we have stayed in a lot of 5 star resorts, but Banana Beach far exceeds this rating with a unique, holiday experience, where you can enjoy your travel, great hospitality and a home away from home,

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MargieMatiets
Reviewed December 28, 2011

I have read all of the previous reviews, not sure what more I can add. Great place, food and service are exceptional. Owners and staff go out of their way to meet the needs of their customers.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank spark5985
Reviewed October 13, 2011

My wife, niece and I rented one of the houses and thought it was super. The food was 1st class (thanks Jurgen!), and Rand and his daughter Jena round out the great service. The servers always have a smile, the location is perfect, and the recent addition of a pool made our stay extra special. We were treated like family not just guests. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Curds
Reviewed October 13, 2011

I just returned from Trujillo Honduras (this was approx. my 8th trip there) and have to say that this was the best one hands down. This was due partly to staying at Banana Beach where the food is excellent (thank you Jurgen!), the drinks (made by Jurgen, Jenna & the friendly staff - offer a surprising amount of variety and are incredibly inexpensive, conversations with Rand and his daughter Jenna made the trip even more interesting. 3 of us stayed in the turquoise cabana - ample room, 2 bathrooms, good size kitchen, living room, AC which is needed at most times of the year, and the massive porch - I could have stayed in that hammock for days on end.
The icing on the cake was having a brand new pool, with slide, jaccuzzi, cool waterfall etc. It was so refreshing after a long day of touring the area. It was kept immaculately clean.
Then there's the beach which is right there a few steps from the cabana - it's very clean in this area, and swimming in that ocean is fantastic!
I didn't get to take in some of the fun things offered in the area like playing tennis or volleyball, horseback riding, paddle boards, snorkeling (I think since there weren't as many tourists around in Oct that some of these ease up a bit?) but will be sure to plan for that next time.
Everyone I met there are great people.... need to go back for a longer time next trip.

The only slight negative are the roads, but you can take that all in stride when you arrive at a destination like this - just take your time & watch out for village speed bumps and serious potholes - its all worth it when you arrive at Banana Beach, which is well marked on the main road.
And that my friends, is what vacation is all about right - chilling out, slowing down the insane pace we all fall into.
Charlene, Paul and Kelly
I'll add photos soon although nothing can do justice to just being there!

Room Tip: There aren't a lot of rooms & cabanas as yet, but Rand is in the processing of building some...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Charlene M
Reviewed October 7, 2011

My girlfriend and I visited Trujillo to look at some property that I had purchased. We didn't stay at Banana Beach but along our tours of the area we managed to luck out and get introduced to Rand, Jenna and Jurgen (Owner and management of Banana Beach Resort.) Our trip was a little slower pased than I am used to but our new found friends managed to spark some life into our remaining days.

Rand took me on a tour of his "Cabanas" which are more like a dream get away home and I think he could hear the slapping sound which came from me kicking myself in the butt for not staying there. Unfortunetly we had to leave before he was able to get the new pool/waterslide/I'm so jealous I want one of my own done but I know I will see it again.

Great place, great food, great drinks, great prices and fantastic people make this a must stay if your headed that way!

P.S. Emily and I will notify you ahead of time next time to give you time to stock up on Jager!!

Thanks Again Guys
Jason & Emily

Room Tip: All rooms are currently the same so if you get one you got the best one!
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jason A

Been to Banana Beach Resort? Share your experiences!