“The best place to stay if you love feeling like you are home”
Review of Hotel Humuya Inn

Hotel Humuya Inn
Ranked #6 of 30 Hotels in Tegucigalpa
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 2, 2012

I have had the pleasure of staying at the Inn 8 times, and look forward to returning in June. The rooms are large and comfy, the food is excellent, and the staff is extraordinary. Scott and Mimi have turned this into an oasis for all of us that travel with Mission Teams. They have given the "hotel" business a new standard as far as customer service is concerned. They just make everything perfect. They have worked very hard over the years, and I am always excited to see what wonderful things that they do to plus this beautiful place. It is safe, which I know is a big concern to many. You would never know you are in a big, busy city, once you step in the front door. Enjoy the sunrise or the sunset from the roof patio and the breathtaking views of the city at night, you won't be sorry you stayed at this wonderful home away from home.

Room Tip: it's all good
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
Humuya_Inn, Owner at Hotel Humuya Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to give us your valuable opinion. If we have made you feel like you were at home, then we have accomplished our mission!

We look forward to seeing you again this year!

Sincerely yours,

Scott Crook
Owner

Reviewed March 23, 2012

This was my first trip to Honduras. The group I was travelling on business with chose the Humuya Inn based on a referal from a friend. It lived up to its recommendation. Very nice and relaxing. The roof top patio is the best. It is not as central to the main business area as some of the more name brand hotels. The staff is very friendly and helpful. We hired a cab from the hotel the first day. The driver was so good we kept using him the entire trip. This reliable transportation service made the distance from the business center easier to deal with. Enjoyed the stay and would recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Humuya_Inn, Owner at Hotel Humuya Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2012

Thank you very much for your review. I am glad that our Inn lived up to the recommendations given. Thank you for noticing our carefully selected transportation team. We have spent years getting some of the best drivers around to take care of our guests. Looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed March 15, 2012

I truly think of the Humuya Inn as my home away from home when I'm in Honduras. After a long day it was such a pleasure to come back to the friendly staff at Humuya Inn. They are always ready to address your every need- even to the point of installing lower mirrors. I've been staying at the Humuya for the past 12years and almost make it game to see what improvements Scott has made this time. He is constantly upgrading and making improvements. I can't imagine staying anywhere else. The food is great, the staff is attentive and friendly and accomodations are extremely comfortable. There are computers for use if you haven't brought your own, but wifi is available and free, so you can do business and check emails from your room, but I usually enjoy the garden so much, that I just get online there in the midst of a semi-tropical garden with the water fountain and lights. The roof gives an amazing view of the city( especially at night) and has been upgraded to include furniture for lounging as well as for meetings. I cannot say enough good about this team of people who work at and for the Humuya Inn. If you're going to be staying in Tegucigalpa - check it out, you'll become a repeat customer for sure.

Room Tip: I've never had a bad room, but if you're an extremely light sleeper, you might ask for a roo...
Reviewed March 8, 2012

The rooms are comfortable and clean, the food delicious, the view from the rooftop breathtaking, and you feel safe in this hotel. More than that, however, was the caring service we received when a member of our team was in the hospital. Michael, a staff member of the hotel, personally drove me to the hospital to be with our team member at 11:00 at night and insisted on coming in to be sure I didn't have trouble finding the ICU. He was kind throughout our visit and went the extra mile to ensure our safety and comfort. I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Tegucigalpa and will stay here in the future every time.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Humuya_Inn, Owner at Hotel Humuya Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to recognize one of our outstanding team members. Our goal at the Humuya has always been to "exceed expectations" of our guests and Michale's efforts are a perfect example of just that.

We are glad that everybody is healthy and out of the hospital.

The Management Team

Reviewed March 1, 2012

I travelled for business with a partner to Tegucigalpa and choosed Humuya Inn as our Hotel. Was definitely much, much better than we expected. All staff is really, really kind and helpul. Rooms are nice, spacious and very nice decorated. They have a beautiful garden that you can enjoy while you take your breakfast. Most of the time I complain about continental breakfast, but the one they have at Humuya Inn is really good: natural juice, coffee, and what a liked most: homemade bread!! And it's great to see all their "being green" effort. Highly recommended when you travel to Tegucigalpa for business or pleasure.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for "noticing" our upgraded continental breakfast. In order to provide a fresh breakfast we do some things differently, like squeeze our juice fresh each day. We also bake breads on a daily basis...again thank you for noticing. We are also so pleased when guests notice our green efforts. Again this takes a huge amount of effort, time and money but we know that our efforts can make a difference.

Thank you so much for your review.

Reviewed February 27, 2012

We have a yearly medical/dental mission trip that serves in Tegucigalpa. Humuya is the PERFECT place to house a group. They provided rooms, all three meals, laundry, and any other services we needed without fail. 2012 was our 10th year in this mission. We have stayed in some...different places, but Humuya Inn is the only place our doctors will stay from now on! Clean, comfortable, and eager to please, the Humuya Inn lets us come 'home' after a grueling day and just unwind. You have to order Erasmo's BBQ on the roof for your group. Thank you, Humuya!

Room Tip: The outer rooms facing the streets have good views but have more noise than those facing the courtya...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for your kind words about our Inn and "tips" for other guests. We are pleased to know that your Doctor's will only stay with us. Our barbecue dinner on the terrace, overlooking the city is a huge hit with our guests and we are glad you guys enjoyed it with us.

Again thank you for being a fan of Humuya Inn.

Reviewed February 9, 2012

I have stayed in this hotel many times in the last five years. I am a university recruiter and have the opportunity to visit Tegucigalpa often. I like this hotel for several reasons:

-The rooms are as good as any hotel I have enjoyed around the world;
-The workers are personable, kind, professional and very helpful;
-They help me with all the details if I want to host an event no matter is it is for 5 or 30 people.
-It has everything you need from a hotel, but on a family own environment.

By the way, most of the workers from the receptionists, to the security guards, to ladies that clean the rooms have worked in the hotel since the first time I went. This tells me that not only they offer a great service to the guests, but also that they take care of their people.

Anyway, my job is easier when I stay in this hotel.

Room Tip: Call the hotel.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your comments and we appreciate feedback from all of our guests and especially those whose careers have them staying in a lot of hotel rooms.

At the Humuya Inn we realize our staff are a huge part of our success and yes we have team members that have been with us for 13, 12, 10 and 9 years. Amazing and they are great !

As our guest "making your job easier" is what we strive for and we are glad to hear that we are achieving that for you and your stay in Honduras.

Again thank you for making Humuya Inn winner of "Top 25 hotels in Central America."