Book In Advance
Tours from iCatracho Tours tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience iCatracho Tours
from $99.00
More Info
from $150.00
More Info
All reviews road trip visit honduras san pedro sula kerim exchange company mission sites
Reviewed July 4, 2017

Contacted Kerim through the internet , based on the favourable reports on Tripadvisor.
We were a group of 4 colleagues who wanted to se a bit of Honduras after completion of our jobs in Tegucigalpa. We had immediate contact and Kerim was very helpful in the proces of establishing what would be possible to see during our 3 day road trip. We had long and interesting days - driving a total of 1200 km on the not very good roads.
Our wishes were: nature, trecking, gastronomy, local life (no churches, monuments or museums). Accomodation should be clean, safe and economical.

Kerim understood our wishes and we planned a trip from Tegucigalpa to Tela and La Ceiba. Caves, natural parks, microbrewery and a visit to a very local restaurant - they had been serving the same dish breakfast, lunch and dinner for more that 20 years and the place is still full.

We loved the natural parks - the towns did not win our hearts.

Sometimes our wishes differed in the group and Kerim displayed extreme diplomacy to make everything work out anyhow.

Honduras has a bad reputation for crime and I am sure that you should be cauteous.
We only met friendly people, we did not feel threatened and nobody tried to rip us off.

Kerim is very knowledagble about his country and our conversations gave us a nuanced picture of Honduras.

I have no hesistation in recommending him as guide and driver if you plan a roadtrip in Honduras

Date of experience: June 2017
Kerim_Perdomo, Owner at iCatracho Tours, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2017

Thanks so much, Ms. Anne, it was a pleasure to serve you and show you a little about my country...thanks for enjoying every place we visit. You are more than welcome till next time!!!

Reviewed April 9, 2017 via mobile

Kerim Perdomo, of Intercambio Catracho, is honest, authentic, and sincere. We communicated via email (his English is excellent) until we met in person at TGU, where he was waiting for me in the Arrivals Hall. He is a professional, not only dressed accordingly but equipped with a new, clean Toyota van. (And given the amount of driving we did over the next three days, it's vital to add that he is a good and safe driver.) He is knowledgeable about his country, and he is passionate about the development of Honduras.

He is adamant about making a good impression, and this reveals itself while walking through the streets of Tegucigalpa, the cobble-stoned alleyways of Santa Lucia, or the cavernous depths of the Telus Caves. Kerim is the premier tour operator in Tegucigalpa, San Pedro Sula, and the surrounding areas. Honduras seems to focus so much of its marketing on Roatan; thus, it stands to reason that tourism professionals flock to Roatan as well. But Kerim is on the ground, on the Honduran mainland, as he believes that Honduras has more to offer than scuba. And he is right. Tegucigalpa, Comayagua, Santa Lucia . . . are beautiful. (And I don't believe I'd have seen Comayagua and Santa Lucia had it not been for Kerim.)

I consider myself a traveler, not a tourist. Very likely, Kerim was able to meet my needs because he, too, is a traveler. He's been to the USA many times (he is passionate about photography and music), and he has traveled to El Salvador, Costa Rica, and Guatemala. He understands what a traveler wants to see and do; he "gets it."

If you're thinking about taking a trip to Honduras, know that you have a friend on the ground. Kerim Perdomo, of Intercambio Catracho, is a stand-up guy who who will show you the beauty of Honduras.

Date of experience: April 2017
Kerim_Perdomo, Owner at iCatracho Tours, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2017

Thank you very much for your trust JMcFaul. It was a great pleasure to show you the little we could of Honduras in such a short time. We are working on your good travel advice and apply them to our company. That kind of exchanges make us grow, especially as people. Thank you very much again. Keep traveling safe and happy.

Reviewed November 22, 2016

Bueno! Absolutely Bueno!!! I am a first visitor to Tegucigalpa (and Honduras) and came to visit kids that I help sponsor at a school here. While here, I wanted to learn a bit more about the Country than what I was exposed to on the hotel TV channels. My tour with Kerim far exceeded my expectations. Kerim is obviously proud of his homeland and gave up a successful career to try to promote understanding and appreciation for his proud Country via the tour company.. (Unlike some tour operators, he was also willing to discuss not only the Country's strengths and beauty, but also challenges). Kerim was more than willing to slightly adjust the itinerary and discussions to meet special interests. His experience helped guide me to some wonderful photo opportunities, but also locally owned shops, artisans and dining. Kerim even went beyond expectations in that he inspected each item that I had selected to buy and in one case, noted damage that I had missed, and arranged with artesian to replace the damaged part. Kerim repeatedly Thanked me for my trust. Kerim, Thank you. My trust was well placed. I hope to return to Honduras again and will definitely work through Kerim to schedule future trips.

Date of experience: November 2016
KerimPerdomo, Owner at iCatracho Tours, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2017

Hello Mr. D. I think I was freezed in time, I didn´t answer your response here in TA...Honduras is waiting for you again...hope everything there is fine with you...until next time...Kerim.

Reviewed October 7, 2016

I was a Peace Corps Volunteer in Honduras a lifetime ago, I was hesitant to return, but I made the correct choice! Never once during my 2 week vacation, did I feel threatened. If Honduras is on your to do list, do it now, before it explodes and turns into another cookie cutter Americanized destination. Kerim is awesome and extremely flexible. I changed my mind a few times and he always went with the flow. No questions asked. Right on spot with hotel recommendations, and TRUST him when he gives you an estimate on travel time. His vehicles are new, air conditioned and clean. I highly suggest the tour to La Tigra in Tegus and the canopy tour in La Campa/colonial Gracias. Beautiful areas. If you love photography, this is definitely your man - just let him know an he'll hook you up. Once again, I left this beautiful country with tears in my eyes. Hope to return next year. If I do, I will certainly seek out Kerim.

Date of experience: September 2016
iCatracho, Owner at iCatracho Tours, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2016

Thanks Lisa for your words, it was a pleasure to serve you and take you to so many places around my beautiful country...Thank you so much for so many shared stories and experiencies. When you decide to come back to Honduras, just give us a Call...We will be waiting for you with our hearts and arms open...

Reviewed August 13, 2016 via mobile

This is the second year in a row that I hired Kerim at intercambio Catracho to assist me in traveling in Honduras. First, he picked up our mission team at the airport then he spent a week with us transporting and guiding our mission team. He became part of our team and assisted us in more ways than I could write. His knowledge of Honduras and professionalism made the whole week go smoothly. For our return to the U.S.A., Kerim delivered us to the airport and then stayed with us through the check in process. He then waited until everyone had cleared the TSA inspections before leaving the airport. Everyone on the team enjoyed his calm and pleasant personality. We will definitely be using Kerim in the future and recommend him to anyone needing first rate personal service in Honduras!

Date of experience: August 2016

Thanks so much Carol for your trust, We only try to do our best effort to make you feel comfortable here. It is a pleasure to know that you can trust in the people of Honduras.
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to meet such kind people that you bring with you. It was a pleasant experience, to learn to be more human in these khaotic days that the world is having. Thanks Again.