Book In Advance

Start Date
End Date
Tours from iCatracho Tours tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience iCatracho Tours
from $99.00
More Info
from $150.00
More Info
All reviews road trip visit honduras san pedro sula kerim exchange company mission sites
Reviewed April 9, 2017 via mobile

Kerim Perdomo, of Intercambio Catracho, is honest, authentic, and sincere. We communicated via email (his English is excellent) until we met in person at TGU, where he was waiting for me in the Arrivals Hall. He is a professional, not only dressed accordingly but equipped with a new, clean Toyota van. (And given the amount of driving we did over the next three days, it's vital to add that he is a good and safe driver.) He is knowledgeable about his country, and he is passionate about the development of Honduras.

He is adamant about making a good impression, and this reveals itself while walking through the streets of Tegucigalpa, the cobble-stoned alleyways of Santa Lucia, or the cavernous depths of the Telus Caves. Kerim is the premier tour operator in Tegucigalpa, San Pedro Sula, and the surrounding areas. Honduras seems to focus so much of its marketing on Roatan; thus, it stands to reason that tourism professionals flock to Roatan as well. But Kerim is on the ground, on the Honduran mainland, as he believes that Honduras has more to offer than scuba. And he is right. Tegucigalpa, Comayagua, Santa Lucia . . . are beautiful. (And I don't believe I'd have seen Comayagua and Santa Lucia had it not been for Kerim.)

I consider myself a traveler, not a tourist. Very likely, Kerim was able to meet my needs because he, too, is a traveler. He's been to the USA many times (he is passionate about photography and music), and he has traveled to El Salvador, Costa Rica, and Guatemala. He understands what a traveler wants to see and do; he "gets it."

If you're thinking about taking a trip to Honduras, know that you have a friend on the ground. Kerim Perdomo, of Intercambio Catracho, is a stand-up guy who who will show you the beauty of Honduras.

Date of experience: April 2017
Kerim_Perdomo, Owner at iCatracho Tours, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2017

Thank you very much for your trust JMcFaul. It was a great pleasure to show you the little we could of Honduras in such a short time. We are working on your good travel advice and apply them to our company. That kind of exchanges make us grow, especially as people. Thank you very much again. Keep traveling safe and happy.

Reviewed November 22, 2016

Bueno! Absolutely Bueno!!! I am a first visitor to Tegucigalpa (and Honduras) and came to visit kids that I help sponsor at a school here. While here, I wanted to learn a bit more about the Country than what I was exposed to on the hotel TV channels. My tour with Kerim far exceeded my expectations. Kerim is obviously proud of his homeland and gave up a successful career to try to promote understanding and appreciation for his proud Country via the tour company.. (Unlike some tour operators, he was also willing to discuss not only the Country's strengths and beauty, but also challenges). Kerim was more than willing to slightly adjust the itinerary and discussions to meet special interests. His experience helped guide me to some wonderful photo opportunities, but also locally owned shops, artisans and dining. Kerim even went beyond expectations in that he inspected each item that I had selected to buy and in one case, noted damage that I had missed, and arranged with artesian to replace the damaged part. Kerim repeatedly Thanked me for my trust. Kerim, Thank you. My trust was well placed. I hope to return to Honduras again and will definitely work through Kerim to schedule future trips.

Date of experience: November 2016
KerimPerdomo, Owner at iCatracho Tours, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2017

Hello Mr. D. I think I was freezed in time, I didn´t answer your response here in TA...Honduras is waiting for you again...hope everything there is fine with you...until next time...Kerim.

Reviewed October 7, 2016

I was a Peace Corps Volunteer in Honduras a lifetime ago, I was hesitant to return, but I made the correct choice! Never once during my 2 week vacation, did I feel threatened. If Honduras is on your to do list, do it now, before it explodes and turns into another cookie cutter Americanized destination. Kerim is awesome and extremely flexible. I changed my mind a few times and he always went with the flow. No questions asked. Right on spot with hotel recommendations, and TRUST him when he gives you an estimate on travel time. His vehicles are new, air conditioned and clean. I highly suggest the tour to La Tigra in Tegus and the canopy tour in La Campa/colonial Gracias. Beautiful areas. If you love photography, this is definitely your man - just let him know an he'll hook you up. Once again, I left this beautiful country with tears in my eyes. Hope to return next year. If I do, I will certainly seek out Kerim.

Date of experience: September 2016
iCatracho, Owner at iCatracho Tours, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2016

Thanks Lisa for your words, it was a pleasure to serve you and take you to so many places around my beautiful country...Thank you so much for so many shared stories and experiencies. When you decide to come back to Honduras, just give us a Call...We will be waiting for you with our hearts and arms open...

Reviewed August 13, 2016 via mobile

This is the second year in a row that I hired Kerim at intercambio Catracho to assist me in traveling in Honduras. First, he picked up our mission team at the airport then he spent a week with us transporting and guiding our mission team. He became part of our team and assisted us in more ways than I could write. His knowledge of Honduras and professionalism made the whole week go smoothly. For our return to the U.S.A., Kerim delivered us to the airport and then stayed with us through the check in process. He then waited until everyone had cleared the TSA inspections before leaving the airport. Everyone on the team enjoyed his calm and pleasant personality. We will definitely be using Kerim in the future and recommend him to anyone needing first rate personal service in Honduras!

Date of experience: August 2016

Thanks so much Carol for your trust, We only try to do our best effort to make you feel comfortable here. It is a pleasure to know that you can trust in the people of Honduras.
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to meet such kind people that you bring with you. It was a pleasant experience, to learn to be more human in these khaotic days that the world is having. Thanks Again.

Reviewed February 15, 2016

Kerim is a proud Honduran who is committed to showing off the beauty of his country and to ensuring that visitors leave with a positive impression. He is very trustworthy, friendly, and knowledgeable about Honduras. He picked me up and we went on a city tour around Tegucigalpa and then to Valle de los Angeles and Santa Lucia -- two lovely towns near the city. We also met up the next day to visit el Picacho and Parque Naciones Unidas. I throughly enjoyed chatting with him and seeing more of the city. He can customize tours to meet your wishes and is really dedicated to making sure you have a good time. Highly recommend!!!

Date of experience: February 2016

Hello Laura, thanks so much for your words, long time ago... ;-) , this was your first trip to Honduras....thanks so much for your trust...anytime you want to come, you are more than welcome...Kerim.