“Good Hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 30 Hotels in Tegucigalpa
Haifa
“Good Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2014

The hotel is good (as expected from Mariott). The breakfast in the executive loung is not as coul be expected from such a hotel: the selection of bread and pastries is very limitted and quality is poor. They do prepare eggs and coffe of your choice on the spot.
All the hotel peronnel is very friendly and helpful.
My great daughters collect coins. I asked at the front desk for 2 sets of local coins. They keep a box of such coins for guests who ask (free of charge).
I had to go to the local mall to buy a SIM card for my phone.
On the way, the shuttle driver (runs every 2 hours) told me it needs to be registered, but I had not my passport with me. So he parked and came with me to the shop to register it on his name. Very nice. His anme is Jonathan,

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Marriott-Tegucigalpa, Guest Relations Manager at Tegucigalpa Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Dear Guest:

Thank you for spending your time to give us a straight and detailed feedback.

We are very glad to see, that you remark our hotel. We are also very pleased to read your comments about the friendly and helpful staff in our hotel. Certainly we have passed this on to our employees.

Regarding the breakfast served at the Executive Lonuge we are very sorry. We’ll transfer your feedback about the breakfast. Hospitality isn’t only a word, it’s very important to us.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again during your next stay in Marriott Tegucigalpa.

Best regards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Bengaluru, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2014

Marriott Tegucigalpa is a safe place to stay in the otherwise not-so-safe Tegucigalpa and you stay near the president's place :) they will take you in hotel vehicle to nearby shopping places and pick you back as a complementary service.
comfort and value wise, the hotel is quite decent. the sports bar is quite a cool place on fridays. The spa is hugely overpriced though.

Room Tip: Avoid the Spa.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest:

Thank you for spending your time to give us a kind feedback on your recent stay.

We are happy that you appreciate the complementary shuttle service offered to the nearest mall and it’s also pleasing that you remarked the perfect location of our hotel.

Regarding the comment about the spa prices, we’ll transfer your feedback. Thank you for your appreciation.

We really appreciate your feedback, hope you had a save journey home and looking forward to welcoming you again during your next stay in Marriott Tegucigalpa.

Best regards,
Caracas, Venezuela
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2014

The place has great location in Tegucigalpa and its a standard Marriott in every sense of the word. Great bed, nice bathroom, very clean. Small gym but opens 24 hours. The best part of this hotel and the reason I give it 5 star rating is the people who work here. The people who work in the executive lounge go 100% out of their way to make your stay comfortable...both in the morning and afternoon shifts. A very special thank you to Martin Salgado and Baudilio Cruz for helping us with everything we needed for our business meetings; also a shout out to Mrs. Luz from the housekeeping team, always smiling and always helpful. People like you make the real difference when it comes to a hotel. Looking forward to being back here.

Room Tip: If you have meetings in the hotel, the executive room package is completely worth it. It includes wi...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Marriott-Tegucigalpa, Guest Relations Manager at Tegucigalpa Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Dear Guest:

First of all we wanted to thank you for your review about your recent stay.

We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and our excellent staff services.We truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us so that we may continue to deliver exceptional service in the future.

With kindest regards.
Mexico City, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

Marriot nails it again!.
when I heard their welcome, I tought, "yes I know"..., because I find Marriot hotels and service quite spectacular.
And then..they really made my stay wonderfull.... so wonderfull that I decided to stay at the hotel for 24 hours, instead of going anywhere else. There was simply no need to go else where and not to be extra pampered in "my home".
beautifull room, superb service, water pool perfect... even the weather!!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Marriott-Tegucigalpa, Guest Relations Manager at Tegucigalpa Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We are pleased that you had such a wonderful stay.

Our associates take pride in providing a quality experience to all our guests.
Again, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, as we take guest satisfaction seriously at Marriott. We hope to see you again soon.

Best regards.
Roatan, Honduras
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2014

I usually don't take the time to wright a comment of the hotels I stay, even that the property that I represent is in the top 10 Travellers Choice in Honduras. But what I can say about the Marriott Tegucigalpa is that they are going a awesome job, I usually stay here 1 or 2 times a month. And since my first stay, I have experienced a great job from all staff except the security guards that need some training. The two lovely ladies in front desk that there names I just forgot they always have a great attitude give a warm welcome, and solve things fast and efficient, Nina in sales awesome she makes the hassle of booking so easy, Josue in the Executive Lounge in the 11th floor always remembers how I like my eggs in the morning. The brand Marriott is well represented in Tegucigalpa and keep doing a great job.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Marriott-Tegucigalpa, Guest Relations Manager at Tegucigalpa Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Dear Guest:

We are very grateful for your preference and review regarding your recent stay at your hotel. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and our staff services.

Hopefully we will have the pleasure to serve you in a near future.

Best Regards,
Curacao
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2014

This was my fifth or sixth stay and the staff remains among the most cordial, efficient and pleasant I have found anywhere. The concierge level amenities are a nice bonus and the staff there are always upbeat, eager to assist and seem genuinely happy to have you as a guest. The fact that English is widely spoken is an added bonus for those who speak little or no Spanish - this is always my first choice when visiting TGU.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Marriott-Tegucigalpa, Guest Relations Manager at Tegucigalpa Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear Guest:

First of all we wanted to thank you for your review about your recent stay.

We are also very happy to hear you enjoyed our staff service. Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. We truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us so that we may continue to deliver exceptional service in the future.

Best regards,
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2014

My friend and I came to Tegucigalpa for vacation. We weren't really sure what to expect, but we had an amazing stay here at the Marriott. The staff here is AMAZING. They really go above and beyond. Luis checked us in and took care of us during our stay here. He was helpful, always giving great advice and making sure that he could do anything during our stay to make us more comfortable. When my friend cut her leg during our trip to the rainforest and had asked about bandaids- he purchased a get well kit and had it brought to our room. Incredible. Harold and Fernando were also super helpful and friendly. The great staff at this hotel made it worth it to come here. The hotel itself is beautiful. They also have a great workout room and free workout classes daily. Highly recommend staying here while in Tegu. We were here for 4 nights.

Room Tip: Choosing a corner room is always great! ;-)
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Marriott-Tegucigalpa, Guest Relations Manager at Tegucigalpa Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Dear Customer:

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are delighted that your stay with the Tegucigalpa Marriott Hotel was enjoyable and that our staff really meet your expectations.

Best Regards.