“Very comfortable and welcoming”

Real InterContinental Tegucigalpa at Multiplaza Mall
Ranked #3 of 30 Hotels in Tegucigalpa
Kingston, Ontario
“Very comfortable and welcoming”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

The front desk staff were terrific throughout my stay. Always friendly and helpful, their check-in and checkout were fast and efficient. Cleaning and restaurant staff were equally friendly. The rooms are a good size with an extremely comfortable bed. The bathroom is good with a spacious shower. There is a room safe and well stocked honour bar. The fitness facilities are good with the treadmills having individual TV monitors. The poolside area is very relaxing. Across the street from the hotel is a large shopping mall. The hotel has pick-up/drop-off taxi service available for hire. My only complaint is the internet service is slow.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Real-Inter-TGU, Manager at Real InterContinental Tegucigalpa at Multiplaza Mall, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments regarding your last stay, we improved our internet service for this year and now we have the fastest internet in Honduras so we welcome you to prove this new benefit for our guest, on the other hand we are so glad that you liked everything that has to do with our service, location and staff; This only makes us more proud of our work, we hope that you can come back soon to our hotel.

Best regards,

Inter-Continental Hotel Tegucigalpa.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Lima, Peru
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel many times in the last 5 years and no doubts is the best choice you can find in the city. You don't need to leave the hotel for a drink or dine as it has a nice environment, particularly at night around the poolside. Good stakehouse, sushi bar, buffet all in the same site. Rooms are well equiped and service is good. I use taxis from the hotel regularly by the hour, are save and reliable.

Room Tip: Club floor is my preferred, top floor.
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments regarding your last stay, we really appreciate your preference for us over the last years, our goal is that our guest can feel like they have everything available for their trips at our hotel and most important we want our clients to feel like at home when they stay, we hope to have you back in our hotel very soon.

Best regards,

Falmouth, Maine
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

I travel to Honduras at least twice a year and used to take my daughter and friends to the intercontinental all the time just for fun, they love their pool and have a nice sleepover after a long day of swimming, but our last visit was disgusting!! While my daughter and friends were swimming the last day of our visit they found a HUGE dump floating around!!! Yikes!!! We obviously told the people in the front desk and they did NOTHING! They asked for my email address and until this day (almost a year after) I haven't even get an apology! What kind of a service is that!??? NEVER AGAIN!

• Stayed July 2012
Real-Inter-TGU, Gerente at Real InterContinental Tegucigalpa at Multiplaza Mall, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear Customer:

We appreciate your feedback regarding your last stay in our hotel. First of all we extended our most sincere apologies for this unpleasant inconvenience and for not honoring the promise of front desk of an e-mail with apologies for this situation.

Even though this happened as you well mention almost a year ago we recall this issue very clearly since in the 13 years of operation it is the first time this has happened, we beg for your comprehension that this was caused by an infant bathing at that moment and immediately after this was reported we made a thoroughly cleaning process of the entire pool and its surroundings to make sure it complies with all the health regulations we have.

We hope that despite this inconvenience we can have the pleasure to serve you in a near future and somehow compensate this bad experience.

Kind Regards,

Joel Muchnik
Rooms Division Manager
San Pedro Sula, Honduras
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

Traveled on business. This hotel is considered an upscale hotel compared to other hotels in Tegus. It has great amenities including a great on site restaurant. It is located across a mall where I did most of my grocery shopping and purchased bottled water for a very cheaper price.
On one of my night stays I ate at the T.G.I Fridays restaurant across the way from the hotel and met a local. I brought her back to the hotel and was charged an extra guest fee that was quite resonable. The following night she simply snuck through security, which was a good thing and a bad thing. The rooms are nice, bath tub was great, bed was soft and I would stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: If possible, choose a room on a upper floor.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Real-Inter-TGU, Gerente at Real InterContinental Tegucigalpa at Multiplaza Mall, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for your comments regarding your last stay, we are pleased that you enjoyed everything we have to offer during your stay, our hotel is the place to be and that is why we have the highest demand in Tegucigalpa we have the best amenities as you said and we are located in the most centric part of the city so you wont miss a thing, we just like that our guest can feel like at home and be happy, hope to have you back soon at our hotel.

Greetings,

Honduras
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

This hotel is very pleasant, with great access to the Mall next door. The rooms are quite nice, although the bath tub doesn't drain well.

The main problem is that if you kiss your sweetie in the pool a security guard comes by and tells you to stop!!! There were no children around, and almost no one in the pool except our friends. The whole point of going to a hotel as a couple is to have some romantic time and they just ruined it!

If you are a couple go to another hotel as they will stop you from even kissing your sweetie.

Room Tip: The rooms are mostly the same, but the pool view is nicest. Bed is SUPER comfy! Just don't kis...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Real InterContinental Tegucigalpa at Multiplaza Mall, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear DaveHonduras,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns regarding your stay with us. I am happy your found the hotel commendable. We are continually striving to improve the hospitality we offer, and comments from our guests are always welcome. I would like to express our sincere apologies for the shortcomings you experienced with one of our hotel staff during your stay and for the inconvenience this has invariably caused you. I have taken note of your valuable comments, all the good, the bad and the opportunities to improve, as these enables us to target problem areas and take actions accordingly.

Once again, we greatly appreciate your valuable feedback. We hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare
San Salvador, El Salvador
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

Been staying in Tegucigalpa on business for a week and I gotta say that the hotel was one of the best parts of my trip.
The hotel is very well located right in front of Multiplaza Mall, which has lots of stores and restaurants. It also didn't seem to be far from anywhere. Everywhere I went it took me around 10 minutes to get there by car.
The facilities are very nice and comfortable and the staff very friendly (especially the lady that prepares your omelets in the restaurant).
The breakfast selection is delicious and the several restaurants they have cater to many tastes (all good) and if you feel like dinning for cheaper, you could always go to the mall's food court even late since try close at around 10.
The gym is VERY nice. Not having the liberty to explore Tegucigalpa as much as I would have liked to, I spent a lot of time at the gym after work which is a good thing considering how much I eat during trips.
The room was very spacious and nice and had a good view of the city.
The only problems I had were:
1) you should get at least one complimentary bottle of water in your room per day. Most hotels do that nowadays. Instead you only get a very small one for 2.50 USD
2) the wifi is very weak inside the gym. It works very well everywhere else, but with all the time I spent there, I hated losing the Internet signal right when I was in the middle of a workout and couldn't finish that Netflix movie or YouTube file I was watching.
Other than that, great hotel

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank KingVVilly
Real-Inter-TGU, Gerente at Real InterContinental Tegucigalpa at Multiplaza Mall, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments regarding your last stay, our hotel is pleased to receive and serve our hard working guests the best way possible, as you said our breakfast is the most complete in the city our fresh natural juices, fresh fruits, omelets etc. speak for us, we are working to have a new access point in the gym so our guest can have the best WI-FI when the work out, with this said we hope to have you back in our hotel very soon.

Greetings,

USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

Yes, this hotel is clean and has nice rooms. But I expect that from an Intercontinental, especially for the prices charged. Their website says that languages spoken at this location are Spanish and English. However, during my two week stay, it seemed that the front desk staff were the only ones who spoke English. Only a few members of the wait staff in all three restaurants had less than basic English skills while the rest had none. When I say "less than basic," I mean that I couldn't tell them what room I was in so they could properly mark me down for breakfast. One night when I ordered room service I was transferred five times before getting someone who could take my order.

The service in the restaurants also left a lot to be desired. I waited 15 minutes after being seated for anyone to come and take a drink order. Then another 20 minutes for them to return to take the meal order. The food was incredibly slow to arrive and I had to wait another 20 minutes to receive the check. The wait staff seemed to disappear - I couldn't even find anyone to ask for the check.

One night, the wait staff in the main restaurant, Azulejos, disappeared for so long, that it took 40 minutes for me and my colleagues to receive our food. And we were only able to get it because I wandered around and finally found a manager to request the status of the food. She went in the back and immediately brought it to the table. It was obvious that the food had been prepared but no one ever brought it to us as all of our meals were cold.

In addition, the wait staff (at least in the main restaurant - Azulejos) is not proactive. The breakfast is quite good but wait staff doesn't bother to replenish missing items. One day they ran out of bananas. I saw another patron ask if they had any more and one of the wait staff went in the back and brought out three bananas for him. However, he didn't bother to bring out any more and replenish them. A colleague and I then requested a banana and he brought each of us one but still did not bother to replenish them. Staff didn't bother to re-set tables after patrons left even though there were plenty of wait staff to do this. I walked around the restaurant scavenging the items I needed - utensils, salt, napkins, etc.

I wound up eating in my room for the second week of my stay because it was the only way I could get my food in a timely manner - room service usually brought it within 20 minutes of ordering.

Finally, if you would like to sleep on Friday nights, be sure to request that you're not on the pool side. Every Friday night the hotel hosts a band poolside. They sound great but they don't finish until 2:00 a.m.

A major bonus is that the hotel is right across the street from a shopping mall with a grocery store in it. I bought my two weeks' worth of water there. While you cannot drink water out of the tap, the hotel does not provide water for you. A 20 oz bottle of water costs $3 USD. You can get the same thing for less than 50 cents in the grocery store. I bought two weeks worth of water there for $6.00 USD.

Overall, fine but they should probably change their website to indicate that Spanish is really the only language spoken.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Real-Inter-TGU, Gerente at Real InterContinental Tegucigalpa at Multiplaza Mall, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to wright a review about you recent stay in our hotel.

We are very glad that you found all our property nice and clean. On the other hand as a Food & Beverage Manager I am very concerned and I Truly apologize for all the inconveniences you experienced during your stay, specifically in our restaurants. I would like to go deeper on each of the details mentioned:

• Linguistic Communication Problems. Certainly, most of our waiters have basic skills in English. We are currently working on in site English training to improve all of our staff’s knowledge. In addition we have reinforced our recruitment procedures to make sure all new staff are fluent in English. We hope next time you visit us you will experience an improvement in this matter.

• Weak and Slow Service in Restaurants. I personally analyzed this issue with all my team and we have taken immediate actions to correct the service fails: We had a special training workshop with all our waiters and added more staff to cover the needs of the restaurant in specific service timings. In addition we change some of our procedures with the objective to be more efficient in our service.

• Music at the pool Area. According to guests requests of weekend entertainment, during the Honduran summer time (from February to April) we decided to have a Latin band all Fridays. Even though that we sound proof windows in each room, thanks to your comment we will make sure to have all the required noise regulations this summer shows.

I want to give my email, eduard.soler@r-hr.com. Please, don’t hesitate to contact me next time you visit in Tegucigalpa. It would be a pleasure to serve you personally and where will make our best effort to provide your best rest and exceptional service.

Yours Sincerely,