“Excellent Choice”

Real InterContinental Tegucigalpa at Multiplaza Mall
Ranked #4 of 30 Hotels in Tegucigalpa
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Very nice presentation, from the get go, I liked the lobby and how the hotel is arranged. The fact that they all seem to know your name is wonderful, because it makes you feel important and less away from home. They are all very well nicely spoken, reception area all speak English. Only drawback to me as a smoker was that the entire property is a non smoking environment, and ended up smoking in the parking lot. Stayed for a week. Well lit up room, had a view and cannot complain at all. Good food all around, I highly recommend and actually its price is much lower than other intercontinental hotels i've stayed in. As a matter of fact, as I write this email, I am now staying at the Intercontinental in San Salvador, El Salvador. Will review when I'm gone.

Room Tip: Email manager ahead of time and you will be happy. I received a welcomed email a few days before my...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Real-Inter-TGU, Gerente at Real InterContinental Tegucigalpa at Multiplaza Mall, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay; it is our pleasure serving our guest the best way possible, one of the many things that we look for our guest is that they can feel like at home in our hotel and we are really happy that we accomplished that with you; For your next stay let us inform you that now we have a smoking area right next to our pool so this will never be an inconvenience for you again, we really hope to have you back soon at our hotel.

Greetings,

Reviewed October 25, 2012

I just spent five days in this nice and modern hotel located across the street from a shopping center and in the center of Tegucigalpa. The staff were very friendly and the choice of restaurants was good. The buffet restaurant had a different theme every night and I highly recommend seafood night on Thursdays that included lobsters. The wine selection was very good and priced around $30-40 per bottle, not bad for a 4 star hotel!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Real-Inter-TGU, Gerente at Real InterContinental Tegucigalpa at Multiplaza Mall, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay, we are honored that you enjoyed your stay with us in our hotel we offer the best prices and also the best gastronomic options with different theme nights at our buffet restaurant like Thai, Arab, Italian, Seafood and Wok or you can enjoy a delicious grilled lobster and our unique wine selection at our Factory Restaurant; Every time you come back at our hotel you will find different options because we like to innovate and surprise our guest, we hope to have you back soon at our hotel.

Hotel Inter-Continental Tegucigalpa

Reviewed October 23, 2012

My experience at the IC Tegus somewhat improved my feelings about the IC hotels, set quite low after my recent visit to CCS. The room I stayed in was small, yet it did not lack anything and as a big plus came soundproof windows, so street noise was not an issue whatsoever. The hotel staff responded promptly to my needs, although some issues could be prevented by more thorough checking of room amenities, but on the overall the staff proved very helpful. Now for the minuses: one small - if you don´t wan to eat in the hotel and prefer eating somewhere in close vicinity, your only option is the TGIF in the mall opposite the hotel. One big - charging extra for internet access is ridiculous these days, especially at this level.

Room Tip: Room 314 has view obscured by a roof of the entrance.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Real-Inter-TGU, Gerente at Real InterContinental Tegucigalpa at Multiplaza Mall, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay, We are really honored that we could make a good impression during your stay, here at our hotel we work infinitely because we personalize our service depending on our costumers preferences, that is why you will always receive the best service at our hotels, we invite you to come back and stay with us again.

Hotel Inter-Continental Tegucigalpa

Reviewed October 19, 2012

I've stayed here many times and several times for extended periods of stays (1 week or longer) over the past year and half. The helpfulness and availability of the staff at the front desk has improved over the past year, which is nice. The rooms are always very clean, though the walls are a little thin if you have noisy neighbors. The hotel is conveniently located across from a shopping mall that is safe to walk around. I know this may not sound much like a perk, but when you're stuck in a city for a week with little mobility and high security concerns, you start feeling a bit Howard Hughes-esk in this Central American Intercontinential hotel. So it's nice to stretch your legs every now and then and have a change of scenery. Sadly, the mall doesn't really offer any worthwhile dining options.
The biggest problems I have with this hotel is: charging for internet (a whopping $16.99 a day! or you can pay $19.99 a day to include breakfast. Either way, that's crazy talk, and if you're a traveler who must abide by US government per diem rates, it gets tricky when it comes time for your bill, as they will magically lump that exorbitant internet/food rate into your room rate and bring you over the per diem); and loud weekend days at the pool that is crowded with local kids (sorry, but all I want to do after a long week of office work is finally enjoy some of that tropical sun, which is nearly impossible to do with the sheer volume I have seen on weekends at the pool).
The restaurants attached are decent, though rather pricey and tiresome after a week of eating there straight. If you're just in and out for 1-3 days, though, you'll enjoy your dining experiences.

Room Tip: Poolside rooms are nicer for a view, but nosier on Thurs-Fri-Sat-Sun.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Real-Inter-TGU, Gerente at Real InterContinental Tegucigalpa at Multiplaza Mall, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Dear Guest,

I would like to start by thanking you for your recent comment regarding your stay in our hotel , this certainly gives us the opportunity to know if we have succeed in our objective which is exceeding our guests expectations.
We surely have made an effort on training our staff and we are very glad you have notice it. According to your comments our opportunity areas are: Charging for internet, our standard for next year is to provide complimentary Internet service to all our corporate negotiated rates so that when you travel again you can enjoy this benefit. Also, you mentioned our pool area on weekends, Our hotel during the weekends has a higher demand of guest that live on surrounding cities such as San Pedro Sula, Valle de Angeles, Ceiba, that come visit Tegucigalpa and as you well mention it has grown from a year ago. We certainly understand the need of a good rest after a really rough week, and I would like to recommend that the next time you visit us our take advantage of our Spa treatments, also a tour coordinated by our Concierge, to give you the calm and relaxation time you are looking for.

I would like to hear from you and give you more details on how can we help you coordinate this quality time you are looking for , feel free to contact me.

Joel Muchnik
Room Division Manager
Joel.muchnik@r-hr.com

Reviewed October 19, 2012

I stayed at Intercontinental-Tegucigalpa last year around this time, and came back again this year for a 2,5-week stay. Initially, my company placed me in another hotel, but I requested moving to Intercontinental immediately. I've stayed in many hotels around the world, but Intercontinental at Teguc feels like home. Rooms are clean and comfortable. I've noticed they have a TV channel list now, which they didn't have last year, even though the English-speaking channels' number is significantly less now for some reason. Breakfast is good too! Food, in general isn't bad, but a bit overpriced. The number of locals hanging out here especially on weekends, has drastically increased since last year, which is a bit stressful, because when you want to have a peaceful Saturday morning at the pool, it's filled with families with kids, who come here as an entertainment spot. Same goes for weekend breakfasts. Staff is very friendly and responsive. I was surprised to read complaints here about the reception desk people. Never had an incident. Overall, this hotel is good. I'll come back, if I'm in Teguc again.

Room Tip: I've stayed in the rooms overlooking the pool both times. On weekends it's a bit noisy becau...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Real-Inter-TGU, Gerente at Real InterContinental Tegucigalpa at Multiplaza Mall, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Dear Guest,

We thank you for your comments about your recent stay, Here in Inter-Continental Tegucigalpa we work every day innovating and making our hotel a better place for our guest, we are constantly adding new options for our guest so they can feel like you said at home,we invite you to stay with us again so you can keep enjoying The InterContinental Life and all the benefits that we have for our visitors, you will always be welcomed at your home Inter-Continental Tegucigalpa.

At your orders,

Hotel Real Inter-Continental Tegucigalpa.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

I recently took a relaxing weekend to Tegucigalpa. I booked the "massage included" weekend. My weekend there was perfect. The staff was great and the restaurants on site were amazing. The room was clean and comfortable. I wish to personally recognize Mr. Andres Galindo, Reservation Agent, who contacted me before I arrived to ensure my massages were scheduled at a time of my choice.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Shack711
Real-Inter-TGU, Gerente at Real InterContinental Tegucigalpa at Multiplaza Mall, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2012

Dear Guest,

We are very grateful for your generous review about your recent stay at our hotel, As you said before we offer our guest the best benefits like the best weekend deal rate that includes a relaxing massage for 2 persons, this way if you are coming with your couple on your next stay you can both enjoy our special and relaxing spa; we hope you can stay with us again so you can keep discovering” The Intercontinental Life”.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed September 20, 2012 via mobile

Tegucigalpa is not a city that you want to hang around in, so staying at the well located Intercon was the perfect choice. It's not the flashest luxury hotel I've ever stayed in but the rate was about $100 and included the breakfast buffet. Room was pretty standard with good amenities. The receptionist gave us the wifi password even though it was not included in our rate (this is a serious pet hate of luxury hotels so I was very happy!). Good choice of eating options in house for dinner, and the mall is across the street for anything else you could want.

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank GMonster

Dear Guest:

We are very grateful for your generous review about your recent stay at our hotel, As you said before we offer our guest the best benefits like our Buffet Breakfast at Azulejos Restaurant where you can enjoy frijoles fritos, pupusas, poached eggs and a variety of local foods and other meals for our guests; Everybody is having a good time and relaxing in our hotel because we always offer the best services and prices… we hope to have you back soon in our hotel.

Kind Regards,